is the wait for shipping okay.

Joshua94

Okay I just orderd the reptisun 5.0 linear tube light from amazon. I got the expedited shipping and it should be here within two to three days. My question is will a two week old baby veiled do better with no uvb till it gets here because all I have are the compacts?
In addition to my uvb problems I still javent seen him eat besides the first day. I just tried fruit flies lastnight and he just watched them, he has some pinhead crickets still free roaming. Any suggestions on what I should try are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

i would think 3 days would be ok. depending on where you live as long as its sunny and not crazy hott you could take him outside for 15min or so of real sunshine for the next few days just to be sure he is getting some uvb.
jmo
hoj

From what I understand, it was older models of the compacts that caused eye problems so there is a stigma that they are forever bad as it is debatable if the manufacturers actually addressed the issue. That said, if a compact is all you got, I would say either just hang with for the next few days or try to take it outside for natural sunlight.

Sounds like good old Florida sunshine it is, the people I got him from told me don't hold him because of how frail and easily stressed he is, I don't have another cage and would have to hold him outside?
But do u guys think he will eventually start eating the crickets again or am I worrying over nothing lol? Thank you :)

Yo J. This is what I do sometimes for feeding because I am still teaching cup feeding. Try throwing some crickets in a cup with a little water at the bottom. Shake the crickets around so they are all wet and cant move fast. Then I take a little stick or kabob stick and the wet crickets crawl right up the stick and then you put the stick to a leaf close to your chameleons face. Mine see them land on the leaf and hunt them down. As for the light, just try to get them some natural light by the window. Or if you can get your chameleon to get on a stick you can walk him outside to a plant to bask for a bit.

If you JUST got him, I would leave him alone completely. 2-3 days will have no effect and he will probably do better just settling in. The more you leave him alone the first week or so, the better he's probably start to eat. At that tiny frail age I think it's probably more important to make sure he's eating.

It have spoken to many people about the new zoo med reptisun 5.0bulbs and they are supposed to be ok. They have fixed the problems with the old model.I got my Cham from tikitiki and I spoke to Chad about them and he informed me that they are ok. I feel that he is a rather trust worthy person and he sells them in his website. He would sell anything your not supposed to use. It is better to have some UVB then none at all. They need all they can get, that's why I take my lil guy outside in the morning a few times a week.

thats a great trick with the stick i wish i woulda knew tht earlier, but actually a couple mins after i posted that he ate one good size cricket. he looks pretty content now just hanging out on a branch. and im not sure about the compacts i think theyd be fine for adults or bigger ones cause ive used them with other reptiles before, but ive noticed the baby chameleon does close his eyes sometimes during the day and i read thats a side affect but i remember my old one used to do that too sometimes? Thanks you guys for all the replys

Back
Top Bottom