is the reptibator worth buying for panther eggs

Honestly I think many of us just use the closet method for our eggs. Hopefully someone who has used an incubator will be able to answer you in detail.
Sharl

Reptibator

I have purchased the reptibator for my veiled eggs.

I will say that it was nice to not feel the need to worry so much. Where I live, the temperature can change drastically from day to day depending on the time of the year so we decided to try it. I had mine in separate containers inside the incubator and misted maybe a few times a week just to keep the humidity up. Other than that, the only issue was trying to keep it cool if needed, as there is no cooling system, and the fact that it was just a little too small for my ladies clutches.

My veiled eggs are in the process of hatching right now after 7 months in the incubator...All healthy, beautiful babies.
I have 32 so far and only 20 eggs to go...:)

I have now decided to build my own.

I hope that helps!

Attachments

• 013013 041 (2).jpg
    013013 041 (2).jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 191
Been contemplating one of these for my dragon eggs. Anyone have a link or info on the closet method?

I made an incubator using a large cooler and two heat pads for my veiled eggs, it worked good for me first clutch starting hatching last week

Keep in mind panther eggs are better off at much cooler temps than veiled eggs. Where the reptibator only heats it will be of minimal use for panther eggs. And don't bother buying that dangerous piece of junk incubator from *the other company* that claims to heat and cool. Best bet is room temp in a cool dark area (i.e. the closet method referred to earlier).

Keep in mind panther eggs are better off at much cooler temps than veiled eggs. Where the reptibator only heats it will be of minimal use for panther eggs. And don't bother buying that dangerous piece of junk incubator from *the other company* that claims to heat and cool. Best bet is room temp in a cool dark area (i.e. the closet method referred to earlier).

Good info!

Thanks!

I use hovabators, with an upgraded thermostat. I have had issues with the reptibator heating up way to much.

Back
Top Bottom