Is the poop healthy?

Azaela

20210521_203949.jpg
20210521_203944.jpg

Hello, i have a veiled chameleon, I believe it's a female and I have been worried about the recent poops. It's surrounded by this liquid and today was like this. She pooped right after drinking water so I don't know if that's something normal or not. I just want to make sure is this is healthy or not. She's around 8 months older, and I didn't change anything on the terrarium or food. Thank you

Welcome on here! Could you post a pic of the back of his/her back feet so we can sex him/her, please? If he/she is a female, do you have a lay bin for her? Also, it'd be a great help if you could fill this form out in as much detail as possible, including pics of your cham, the entire cage, and the lights!

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

How do you hydrate your veiled? If you share pictures with form someone could help you determine the sex. The care and husbandry differs slightly particularly when the reach adulthood

Welcome to the forum!

Are you aware that female veiled chameleons can produce eggs once mature without having been mated? If their diet and temperatures are wrong then they can produce huge clutches, suffer from follicular stasis, eggbinding, MBD and prolapse.

Do you have an egglaying bin in her cage?

This is why we're concerned about the see of your chameleon and other things to do with her care....and need photos.

@Camilla_theChameleon It is important that you answer the husbandry questions in detail that was posted by @ERKleRose at the beginning of your thread. In order for any of the experienced keepers to help you, they need to know as much as possible about your chameleon. Be sure to include pictures of your cham's enclosure.

@Camilla_theChameleon yes that is good:
Healthy Chameleon Poop
Urates – Should be nearly all white or with a tinge of yellow. ... Don't worry if there is a bit of orange at one end of the urates if the chameleon hasn't pooped for a week or so.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? She is a veiled, and I *think* she is about 3-3 1/2 years. I have had her since Aug 3, 2021.
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? I usually only pick her up to put her in her tree. I approach usually to say hi, to spray her cage, or to feed her.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?I have been feeding my chameleon Super worms, crickets, and wax worms. I range from 3-5 every other day, and dust them in calcium 2 times a month. i gut load the bugs non poisonous vegetables and fruits.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I use the "Fluker's repta calcium" that has d3 in it, and dust the bugs 2 times a month, so about every 2 weeks.
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?I spray her cage, and use the betazooer humidifier at the low setting. I use the humidifier until before she goes to bed and spray 2 times a day, and she *LOVES* drinking and eating.
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? I don't know if she has been tested for parasites, but her poop is dark brown/black, and her urates are white or yellow.
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. I am cheking to see if she has a burn on her casque or not, and if she has gular edema, but other than that, everything is fine!

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Currently, she has the medium reptibreeze cage, but we just got her the extra large. The current cage is 16-16-30.
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? So my supposed to be "UVB" light is actually an led, but her mclanzoo heat light does produce UVB. I always keep her heat lamp on, and her light turns on from 10:30-9:00. She is a heavy sleeper!
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? I have a thermometer, and the usual temperature is between 80-85, and the bottom is around 70. The lowest overnight temp is 68-75.
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? I am still trying to get a hygrometer, but I make the humidity with her humidifier.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? I don't currently have any live plants, I only use fake silk plants.
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Her cage is not near anything risky or annoying. It is located next to my dresser. A super cozy spot for it!
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? I am located near SLC utah.
Here is her husbandry.

Back
Top Bottom