Is something wrong?

Alberto504

Chameleon Info:
• Your Chameleon - Ambilobe Panther, Male, and 4 months, I’ve had him for about 3 months.
• Handling - I handle him from time to time, like every other day.
• Feeding - I feed him crickets, mealworms, and superworms. I feed him around 10 crickets, around 5 mealworms, and 3 superworms, all on different days. I gut load with total bites.
• Supplements - I use Zoomed Repti Calcium with and without d3 I use it without d3 everyday occasionally missing some days, while using the one with d3 every two weeks. I just realized I have to also buy vitamins, as I have not feeding dusting his food with vitamins.
• Watering - I use a dripper that constantly drips, while spraying his cage twice with a bottle for about 30 seconds.
• Fecal Description – Black brown poop with white at the tip. I haven’t tested his poop for parasites.
• History – Not that I could think of.

Cage Info:
• Cage Type - Screen cage the dimensions are 16 x 16 x 30.
• Lighting – I use a 60w Exo Terra daylight heat lamp, and a Zoo Med ReptiSun 5.0 UVB Mini Compact Fluorescent (13 watts).
• Temperature - At the top it can get up to 86, while the lowest at the bottom is 77. The lowest it gets at night is around 60.
• Humidity – Humidity stays around 65.
• Plants – I am using a ficus plant.
• Placement – The cage is placed on a dresser that is occasionally used in the corner of my room next to a window which blinds are almost always closed.
• Location – San Diego, California.

Current Problem – I don’t know if he is developing mbd. I feel like he is walking a little funny.

Attachments

• IMG_0391.jpg
    IMG_0391.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0392.jpg
    IMG_0392.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0394.jpg
    IMG_0394.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0395.jpg
    IMG_0395.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0396.jpg
    IMG_0396.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 80
Your second picture-- look at his back foot. His ankle looks a bit swollen. If it doesn't go down, you might want to get that checked out. Might be a fracture if he is walking funny.

Give it a day, if it is still swollen or gets worse, take him to the vet and get his ankle checked out.

Otherwise he looks healthy

In the last pic, his front leg looks slightly rounded at the joint/elbow.
If you're worried get him to a vet when you're able to.
Kath.

I agree with Kath!
Although it is very slightly, I'm not sure.. But multivitamin is very important, so get one asap.
I would take him to the vet if I had concerns... Can you post video about his "funny walking"?

I disagree about the front leg. If you look at many pictures of chameleons, when they are grabbing something like a finger or large branch with their hands pointed downward, it often does look "rounded" at the wrist. I doubt it's the front wrist that means anything.

If anything, my opinion stands on the back ankle in the 2nd picture. Not to dismiss your concerns, but the front leg doesn't look like anything to me, while the back ankle looks swollen compared to all his limbs, and actually *explains* the funny walking if that's what is going on.

Couple tips: discard the mealworms, use a linear UVB rather than compact, get your vitamins, limit superworms to about 4-6 a week, mix in some other feeders, get new cricket diet (Bug Burger, Bug Buffet, fresh veggies and fruits, alfalfa, spirulina, bee pollen, flax seed, butternut squash, etc...) Not really sure as to walking funny. A video of it, may help.

Couple tips: discard the mealworms, use a linear UVB rather than compact, get your vitamins, limit superworms to about 4-6 a week, mix in some other feeders, get new cricket diet (Bug Burger, Bug Buffet, fresh veggies and fruits, alfalfa, spirulina, bee pollen, flax seed, butternut squash, etc...) Not really sure as to walking funny. A video of it, may help.

I also agree with all of this. I didn't really pay much attention going through your list the first time, but now I realize that junglefries is right. Try and include more variety of bugs in his diet in the meantime.

Back
Top Bottom