Is she sick??? :((

jbrownn

I’m back needing help w my sweet Millie :(( Idk what’s wrong. Twos days in a row now with barely any movement she’s just been laying in this area. Eyes seem to be closed. I know when they’re tails are curled they’re sleeping but everything i’ve read says they don’t sleep during the day. I’ve called the vet waiting for them to call me back but wanted to see if any of you guys had an suggestions? Does her eye look okay or sunken some? I can’t tell. I know when they’re sick they will show darker colors and she’s stayed her bright green. I’m so worried idk what to do i’ve tried everything. I have corrected my feeding and now she’s not eating. I’ve also changed the lighting situation and set up a reptisun light strip but that was just this morning. Any ideas??? I’ve attached a picture of her from a couple minute ago. Thanks guys!
DF428163-ECCB-4251-B95C-39F0995D239A.jpeg

I’m back needing help w my sweet Millie :(( Idk what’s wrong. Twos days in a row now with barely any movement she’s just been laying in this area. Eyes seem to be closed. I know when they’re tails are curled they’re sleeping but everything i’ve read says they don’t sleep during the day. I’ve called the vet waiting for them to call me back but wanted to see if any of you guys had an suggestions? Does her eye look okay or sunken some? I can’t tell. I know when they’re sick they will show darker colors and she’s stayed her bright green. I’m so worried idk what to do i’ve tried everything. I have corrected my feeding and now she’s not eating. I’ve also changed the lighting situation and set up a reptisun light strip but that was just this morning. Any ideas??? I’ve attached a picture of her from a couple minute ago. Thanks guys!View attachment 320817
The cricket in the back has been taunting her and she hasn’t even moved an inch to catch ‘em

The T5 HO UVB
And that one comes with the 5.0 bulb correct? If so you will need to make sure your distance from the bottom of the fixture to the branch below it is 8-9 inches away. With this just being added today it can take a few days for them to bounce back if it is solely a lack of UVB thing.

Are you misting the cage? Looks like she has something stuck on her eye. Does she have access to water?

Go back and review all the feedback you got in your prior thread. Make sure you made all the adjustments needed.

And that one comes with the 5.0 bulb correct? If so you will need to make sure your distance from the bottom of the fixture to the branch below it is 8-9 inches away. With this just being added today it can take a few days for them to bounce back if it is solely a lack of UVB thing.

Are you misting the cage? Looks like she has something stuck on her eye. Does she have access to water?

Go back and review all the feedback you got in your prior thread. Make sure you made all the adjustments needed.
Yes I mist in the morning, mid day, and evening before lights go off. Getting realllllly close I do see something through her eye. Almost like if a human had pink eye and it was crusted shut. Waiting for vet to call me back I think that’s the issue. But both eyes are closed though so idk. Yes i have made the adjust within prior thread. I’m regards to supplements I believe I was giving too much so I have not given her the reptivite again only the reptical. But she’s not eating so I know she hasn’t eaten 15-20 today or yesterday.

Yes I mist in the morning, mid day, and evening before lights go off. Getting realllllly close I do see something through her eye. Almost like if a human had pink eye and it was crusted shut. Waiting for vet to call me back I think that’s the issue. But both eyes are closed though so idk. Yes i have made the adjust within prior thread. I’m regards to supplements I believe I was giving too much so I have not given her the reptivite again only the reptical. But she’s not eating so I know she hasn’t eaten 15-20 today or yesterday.
Ok and when your misting with room temp water is the mist hitting her?

She could be suffering from lack of UVB, overdose on fat soluble vitamins, and needing to clean her eyes.

The vet will not be able to do anything about the first two. Both of those take time. If she has an issue with the eyes they could flush them. BUT if you can give her a good long misting session so she can clean her eyes this would help if they are stuck. not spraying close to her though if your hand spraying.

Ok and when your misting with room temp water is the mist hitting her?

She could be suffering from lack of UVB, overdose on fat soluble vitamins, and needing to clean her eyes.

The vet will not be able to do anything about the first two. Both of those take time. If she has an issue with the eyes they could flush them. BUT if you can give her a good long misting session so she can clean her eyes this would help if they are stuck. not spraying close to her though if your hand spraying.
I try to avoid misting her directly. Made that mistake once and she brought out her black stripes. Learned my lesson. Right before posting here I did a 3 minute misting session and she still has not moved.

I try to avoid misting her directly. Made that mistake once and she brought out her black stripes. Learned my lesson. Right before posting here I did a 3 minute misting session and she still has not moved.
If your hand misting they really hate it... It is a much harder spray then an automated mister.

Let us know what the vet says.

Back
Top Bottom