Is Roger overweight?

LGee

His appetite is over the top. He’s approximately 6 months old and gets dusted crickets and silkworms for breakfast and a large hornworm as a snack in the late afternoon. Am I over feeding him?

Attachments

• 734A3DDD-D0DD-4AB6-AC23-9EC932139C9F.jpeg
    734A3DDD-D0DD-4AB6-AC23-9EC932139C9F.jpeg
    222.2 KB · Views: 97
I came across this thread and seen you never replied. I dont know if you made another one and got help there but if not a I suggest answering these questions.

My apologies for the extremely delayed reply. I took Roger for a routine exam and he’s in perfect health. The vet confirmed that while he is well fed, he’s definitely not obese. Plus he is very active.

Did the vet say anything about how extended his stomach is, like how it looks in the picture?

She said it was probably a full belly or just the way he had himself positioned. Definitely no growths thank goodness. I’ve noticed his appetite has subsided in recent weeks but he is now approximately 8 months old.

Just read the above posts. Glad the vet you went to seems to think everything is ok. However, if the appetite gets worse or he stops eating altogether, that's the best sign you should seek help quickly. Like think of it as an emergency because that stomach does look off to me. Sincerely, hope everything is ok though and its just a weird pic.

Back
Top Bottom