Is Repashy Calcium plus recommended?

Flvff

I remember watching a video on chameleon supplementing and they recommended something called "Repashy Calcium Plus". I was looking around online and found it too! The person in the video said it was basically all of the others in one, I know this probably is a lie but i'd like to check here. Is it as good as it seems or is it better to go with just the separate Rep-Cal ones.

Link: https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/repashy-super-foods-calcium-plus-supplement

:)

I know of a very reputable breeder who uses it exclusively. I was using LoD but later switched back to a more traditional supplement schedule (I use repcal).

Whatever you use, will still require a well planned supplementation schedule.

I use plain calcium with no D + some bee pollen mixed in daily and give calcium plus LoD a few times a month, similar to @Bamajoker

My boy gets outside a few times a week and his UVB bulb is dialed in with a Solormeter so I don't see the need to supplement D too much. Just a little to be safe.

Okay. What would the supplementation schedule look like for a juvenile Veiled? Calcium 6x week, d3 once every two weeks multivitamin once every two weeks? I think I remember @Gingero saying that is a good schedule for chams unless it's outdated. Thanks!

Okay. What would the supplementation schedule look like for a juvenile Veiled? Calcium 6x week, d3 once every two weeks multivitamin once every two weeks? I think I remember @Gingero saying that is a good schedule for chams unless it's outdated. Thanks!

Thats the stock sched.

If you use a mix (calcium plus) then that goes out the window. A baby can be raised to adult on calcium plus LoD every dusting. But it seems too much for adults, and we have reports of edema etc from over supplementing.

Thats the stock sched.

If you use a mix (calcium plus) then that goes out the window. A baby can be raised to adult on calcium plus LoD every dusting. But it seems too much for adults, and we have reports of edema etc from over supplementing.
Okay. Is it better to just go with the stock shced over LoD from baby/juvenile? It seems they both work until adult but what is better in your professional opinion? :D

Okay. Is it better to just go with the stock shced over LoD from baby/juvenile? It seems they both work until adult but what is better in your professional opinion? :D

Im old school and have been using this combo since the 1990's with the blessing of my vet checkups. I use Rep-Cal Herptivite Multivitamin twice a month. I use stickytongue farms indoor formula every feeding. It has ultra low dose d3 so it can be used every feeding.

I do not know which is better for raising them. Tons of people have had success with LOD every feeding, before the T5HO lamps got popular. And tons of people have had success with the d3/vit twice a month and calcium every feeding. My opinion is one is not better than the other.

Here is the D3 dosage for popular powders:

RepCal D3+ 400,000 IU/kg
Flukers Reptacalcium 100,000 IU/lb
Exoterra 14,740 IU/lb
ZooMed ReptiCalcium 22,907 IU/kg
Mineral -indoor 2000ui per kg
Repashy calcium plus LoD 8,000 IU/lb / 20,000 ui/kg

Calcium Plus LoD can be used on most feedings (veiled/panther), with some caution. Some individuals seem to be sensitive - particularly females - and may develop gular edema (swelling) or shedding issues with this all in one supplement under T5HO UVB lighting. Both my female panther and female veiled developed some degree of edema. This resolved after cutting back my dusting to every other feeding/half of the total weekly feeders.

Back
Top Bottom