Is my mister ok?

Grasshopper

So I recently ordered this automatic mister, it let's me controls the mist (fine or stream) is it ok? Seen some people disagree but many agreed to it. What do you think?

Attachments

• 20190328_050514.jpg
    20190328_050514.jpg
    904.2 KB · Views: 175
If you can clean it, its fine. If you use just distilled water it will last longer.

People can get by with just a handfull of ice cubes on top of the tank. As long as that thing keeps the humidity levels correct, and the little guy is drinking off the leaves, you are gold. You do not need a $100+ mistking that is capable of handling 4-8 cages, and only needs refilled once a week.

You don't need a mistking, but it's MUCH better and more convenient for most people. I like being able to set it to shower my chams for 45 min 1xweek along with customizing everything else. And for 50 more dollars, IMO can't be beat. Since you have that though I'm sure you can make it work.

i would recommend the mist king system, it sprays a finer mist and it usually is up to the misting that a chameleon needs

Yeah if I could do it all over again I would've bought the mistking. Not enough precision settings on Monsoon. I don't mind the way it sprays I just need a every 6hrs for 4min function for christs sake!

Yeah if I could do it all over again I would've bought the mistking. Not enough precision settings on Monsoon. I don't mind the way it sprays I just need a every 6hrs for 4min function for christs sake!
Why not get a 'seconds' timer plug and leave the mister permanently on? The seconds timer will then give you what you need, especially if you're happy with the rest.

Mist king for the timing control. I dont think the reptirain lets you set a spray time for more than 60 seconds which, in my opinion, is not long enough.

I have the Reptirain. I'm already considering an upgrade. I'll give you my positives and negatives.

Positives
-It sprays water
-Cheap
-May be better for humid climate where misting isn't as regular.

Negatives
-Small reservoir
-Misting times are only 15s, 30s, 45s, and 60s. Not fully customizable
-Misting intervals are only 1h, 3h, 6h and 12h.
-Noisy
-Spray heads are hard to point where you want. The soft rubber hose and back of head make it difficult to work with.

Back
Top Bottom