Is my heat gun broken

Shaunny

So if you have read any of my posts I'm having a problem with trove and him being dark all the time....anyway

Anyone have any ideas why my temp gun gives me too different temps? Hooter with the lazer off an cooler with it on and that's holding it in the same place at the same distance

Do you have another thermometer you can test it against? Or something that you know the temp of that you can test it for accuracy on? My gun gives the same temp whether the laser is on or off. How big is the difference?

10-15 degrees F maybe more. I don't know if it's because I'm holding it on a exo-terror vine and it's rubbery and bumpy though

That's a pretty big difference. Is it constant enough to remember to detract or add so that you can figure out what the temp really is? Quick dumb question....are the batteries old? Or maybe the original batteries that came with it?

I got a 100w halogen in there now and moved the new thermometer to roughly the middle of the cage and it taken the ambient temp up to 80 which is much warmer than the ever been so I'm hoping it will make a difference to him being black all the time. I'm just a bit worried that if I'm not reading the basking spot right I could burn him. The bulb is hanging about 6" from the mesh and a further 7" from the vine. There are other vines around the area so will he move if it is too hot now?

Well as a test I hold it on my hand and it says 31 and then press the lazer and it reads the same but is different when I'm in the cage

Back
Top Bottom