Is my enclosure/chameleon fine?

Is this what you have?
042D5CB8-752F-4202-BEF8-6E340CF1AC31.jpeg
If so, it isn’t going to work for your chameleon for more than a few weeks if your chameleon is a tiny baby. Reason being it’s much too small. You can either see if you can return it or keep and use it for now, but either way you’ll be needing a much larger enclosure very soon...the minimum size for an adult is 2x2x4’. I would also suggest a screened enclosure since you are a new keeper as it’s a bit easier to manage humidity and temperature. Something like this will be what I suggest. https://www.diycages.com/collection...ducts/sc4-48x24x24-jumbo-vertical-screen-cage
Unfortunately most pet stores offer poor advice about keeping reptiles and just sell people whatever products they have, rather than what the animals really need.
You don’t need the Che unless your house gets below 60* at night. Ideal basking temps are around 80*. At night a drop in temps is actually preferred. Ideal humidity during the day is between 30-50%. At night when it’s cool it can get much higher.
The uvb light that you need is a linear/long T5 fixture with a 5.0 or 6% uvb bulb. The screw in bulbs are only able to provide adequate uvb levels just a few inches directly below them and in a very small area. This is what I use and the 24” one usually comes with the 5.0 bulb. 01CA9252-82B0-4D71-9B63-55EC04B70BD6.jpeg
For basking, just an old fashioned incandescent bulb works great. I use 60w, which gives me ideal temps at the preferred distance of 8-9” away.

Attachments

• AE0BEC5D-6522-4B83-B88D-1CAA33CEF21B.jpeg
    AE0BEC5D-6522-4B83-B88D-1CAA33CEF21B.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 9D93E92D-7A2A-4D20-B8EF-FA44A188055D.jpeg
    9D93E92D-7A2A-4D20-B8EF-FA44A188055D.jpeg
    189.6 KB · Views: 86
  • F8F374E8-B86C-4654-842E-B72CDBBF65CE.jpeg
    F8F374E8-B86C-4654-842E-B72CDBBF65CE.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 79
Is this what you have?
View attachment 282136
If so, it isn’t going to work for your chameleon for more than a few weeks if your chameleon is a tiny baby. Reason being it’s much too small. You can either see if you can return it or keep and use it for now, but either way you’ll be needing a much larger enclosure very soon...the minimum size for an adult is 2x2x4’. I would also suggest a screened enclosure since you are a new keeper as it’s a bit easier to manage humidity and temperature. Something like this will be what I suggest. https://www.diycages.com/collection...ducts/sc4-48x24x24-jumbo-vertical-screen-cage
Unfortunately most pet stores offer poor advice about keeping reptiles and just sell people whatever products they have, rather than what the animals really need.
You don’t need the Che unless your house gets below 60* at night. Ideal basking temps are around 80*. At night a drop in temps is actually preferred. Ideal humidity during the day is between 30-50%. At night when it’s cool it can get much higher.
The uvb light that you need is a linear/long T5 fixture with a 5.0 or 6% uvb bulb. The screw in bulbs are only able to provide adequate uvb levels just a few inches directly below them and in a very small area. This is what I use and the 24” one usually comes with the 5.0 bulb. View attachment 282137
For basking, just an old fashioned incandescent bulb works great. I use 60w, which gives me ideal temps at the preferred distance of 8-9” away.
Yes that is it and I understand I will be needing to get a new one soon

It looks very nice and well set up with branches and shade cover. ? Well done!
Yes that is it and I understand I will be needing to get a new one soon
I can’t wait to see what you’ll be able to set up in a much larger area.
I would suggest getting several live plants and eliminate the fake as veileds nibble their plants and have been known to eat plastic leaves, which causes impaction. I repurposed my plastic plants by sticking them outside the enclosure for extra privacy from my prying eyes.

It looks very nice and well set up with branches and shade cover. ? Well done!

I can’t wait to see what you’ll be able to set up in a much larger area.
I would suggest getting several live plants and eliminate the fake as veileds nibble their plants and have been known to eat plastic leaves, which causes impaction. I repurposed my plastic plants by sticking them outside the enclosure for extra privacy from my prying eyes.
No worries we will start too just at the moment we have those fake ones in his enclosure ~ I was wanting to put up a curtain rod and curtain of some sort to put right up in front of that entrance but I honestly don’t know if I should or not would you recommend that or no ? And yes the prying eyes lol

Back
Top Bottom