Is my enclosure/chameleon fine?

Lacyw05

Hello I am new to owning a chameleon and I wanted to make sure all my settings for heat, lighting, food, and humidity are good? Reason being: my chameleon is weird colors which I will post a pic of ~ also my enclosure needs a remodel for new plants and branches which I am hoping is the reason for his colors~ I have a glass enclosure with a screen on the top I have a uvb coil 13 watt bulb which came with the kit and I will replace with a bar light of 5.0 once it should be changed out, I have a 60 watt blue daylight bulb that also came with the kit that keeps the temperature at 80 f but also I have a che light of 100watt that I keep on as well that keeps the temperature at 94 f at the basking spot, and I will change the bulb for either a 75/100 watt retisun bulb (another question: is it ok to keep the Che on with the daylight bulb on to keep the temperature up to the correct degree? ) and the humidity is at 65-75 but has risen to 90 after misting so I put a fan up horizontal to the enclosure to help with air flow - and finally I have the water dripping tree in my enclosure and I have read that waterfalls create bacteria and I don’t know if this system is considered one- we have put the settings on the tree where it only drips off the leaves - and finally I have the powder without D3 that I put on his crickets for feeding and with D3 once every two weeks I read~ now I will feed the crickets carrots and potatoes but I also have the pet store gel looking stuff and for now is that ok for feeding ? Thank you, I do appreciate it ~ I have also only had him for one day and idk if the colors are just him adjusting or anything but I also know that we will be redoing his enclosure so he can have more coverage and in the future we will put in real plants by this time this photo doesn’t show his colors but if it happens again I will post !!
image.jpg

Hello! You said you got the chamelon kit. Unfortunately, the Chameleon kit is not sufficient for all of the chamelons needs. I can go over with you some things that need to be changed.

lighting- The UVB in the chameleon kit is not sufficent because it does not penetrate a good enough uvb to the distance the chameleon will be at. The correct lighting to use is a reptisun t5 5.0 or an arcadia 6%. I will link the reptisun: https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petco...XkaOzMe3jfdtB_zYEO8aAjbvEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

You said you use daylight blue, and another bulb. Only one basking bulb should be used. You can use a regular incandescent house bulb. I suggest a 60W.

Supplementation- You are good with the calciums but you will need to add in a vitamin without d3 twice a month.

Food- Crickets are good, but some other good feeders are black soldier fly larvae, dubia roaches, and super worms.

lighting- The UVB in the chameleon kit is not sufficent because it does not penetrate a good enough uvb to the distance the chameleon will be at. The correct lighting to use is a reptisun t5 5.0 or an arcadia 6%. I will link the reptisun: https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/zoo-med-reptisun-50-ho-t5-uvb-lamp-39-w-34-l-2214299?cm_mmc=PSH-_-GGL-_-CAL-_-PME-_-PET-_-AQU-_-0-_-PM_GGL_FY20_SBU05_SH13_SmallAnimalBird&ReptileSupplies_ReptileAccessories_PLA-SMRT-_-0-_-0&gclid=Cj0KCQiA7qP9BRCLARIsABDaZzjPvpXHRBmhjLlSzh9P5IPJBbp8ISfLAE7XXkaOzMe3jfdtB_zYEO8aAjbvEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

You said you use daylight blue, and another bulb. Only one basking bulb should be used. You can use a regular incandescent house bulb. I suggest a 60W.

Supplementation- You are good with the calciums but you will need to add in a vitamin without d3 twice a month.

Food- Crickets are good, but some other good feeders are black soldier fly larvae, dubia roaches, and super worms.
With this 60 watt bulb
Can you post a pic of your entire enclosure please?
I will once I redo it tonight I put the stuff it came with on the bottom and I will clean it out and just put paper towels down and rearrange his branches :)

lighting- The UVB in the chameleon kit is not sufficent because it does not penetrate a good enough uvb to the distance the chameleon will be at. The correct lighting to use is a reptisun t5 5.0 or an arcadia 6%. I will link the reptisun: https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/zoo-med-reptisun-50-ho-t5-uvb-lamp-39-w-34-l-2214299?cm_mmc=PSH-_-GGL-_-CAL-_-PME-_-PET-_-AQU-_-0-_-PM_GGL_FY20_SBU05_SH13_SmallAnimalBird&ReptileSupplies_ReptileAccessories_PLA-SMRT-_-0-_-0&gclid=Cj0KCQiA7qP9BRCLARIsABDaZzjPvpXHRBmhjLlSzh9P5IPJBbp8ISfLAE7XXkaOzMe3jfdtB_zYEO8aAjbvEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

For the food I will be ordering the feeders but for now should the crickets be good til they come in?? Also I will be purchasing the vitamin~ for the lighting I will go ahead and get the correct uvb and when u talk about the incandescent house bulb of 60 watt will that change the heat temp? Since the bulb rn is 60 watt and only keeps the temp at 80? Shouldn’t the highest temp be higher ?

For the food I will be ordering the feeders but for now should the crickets be good til they come in?? Also I will be purchasing the vitamin~ for the lighting I will go ahead and get the correct uvb and when u talk about the incandescent house bulb of 60 watt will that change the heat temp? Since the bulb rn is 60 watt and only keeps the temp at 80? Shouldn’t the highest temp be higher ?
Yes, the crickets will be fine as long as they are gut loaded. The incandescent heat bulb will keep the temp the same. Blue bulbs are not recommended for chameleons, that is why it needs to be changed.

Yes, the crickets will be fine as long as they are gut loaded. The incandescent heat bulb will keep the temp the same. Blue bulbs are not recommended for chameleons, that is why it needs to be changed.
Ok and once I change it is the 80 f degree fine ? Should it not be at 94 at the most?

Back
Top Bottom