Is my chameleon ready to lay eggs

Cianb

I think my Cham has a genetic problem, she has a tongue that she sticks out a little bit and just overall weird
She last laid eggs exactly 65 days ago
Is she ready to lay? Again

Attachments

• 8176B1B0-FEEB-4F87-A865-3AF3F818011D.jpeg
    8176B1B0-FEEB-4F87-A865-3AF3F818011D.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 4D5F2D2E-3EEB-4CAD-8A34-68E36D27B1A1.jpeg
    4D5F2D2E-3EEB-4CAD-8A34-68E36D27B1A1.jpeg
    216.6 KB · Views: 67
Not sure about the tongue, but to my understanding females can lay eggs every 2-3 months if conditions are right. She looks very round at the moment...what are the temps and feeding schedule? I’m not experienced with females but I know these are two very important factors with clutch size and frequency.

Not sure about the tongue, but to my understanding females can lay eggs every 2-3 months if conditions are right. She looks very round at the moment...what are the temps and feeding schedule? I’m not experienced with females but I know these are two very important factors with clutch size and frequency.
Hi, thanks for the reply her tank is around 27-32 which is recommended and I feed her around 9-12 dusted locust after that and sometimes for a treat I give her some wax worms

A female over 6 months of age should always have a laying bin available. The laying bin should be at least 16x16x16" with depth of substrate of at least 12" being crucial. The egg laying substrate should be either washed playsand or a mixture of washed playsand and organic soil moistened so that a tunnel retains its shape and does not collapse. There should be one or several branches going into the laying bin so that the female can crawl in and out as desired. A female about to lay eggs will often become restless, pace her cage and make decrease or stop eating in the week before. Once a female enters the laying bin she may dig several test holes before choosing to lay eggs. They dig head first to make the tunnel and then back into the tunnel to lay their eggs before covering the tunnel completely. It is absolutely critical to give a chameleon complete privacy while she is in the laying bin. If she is disturbed she may abandon her tunnel and could be become eggbound. The cage may need to be wrapped with a sheet with only a peep hole to keep disruptions out of sight. It can take several hours up to several days to lay eggs. A female that is weak, very uncomfortable, or refuses to use a laying bin may need veterinary assistance immediately. After a female lays eggs is it is very important to give her at least a week of minimal stress, increased hydration and calcium-rich food to recuperate.

Back
Top Bottom