Is my chameleon okay??

delaneydolan

This morning and last night my chameleon has been particularly aggressive. She’s never hissed at me before and now she’s done it around four times just when I tried to put her food in her enclosure. I don’t handle her much and I don’t know what this means. She just shed, could that be the problem? Not only that though this is what her excrement looked like when I got up this morning:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    389.1 KB · Views: 201
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    501.8 KB · Views: 186
She’s eating and drinking totally fine. She doesn’t eat crickets at all (she won’t. I’ve tried so many times), she only eats superworms and two a day. I offer her as many as she wants but she usually just takes two and is done. She’s been that way since I first got her and no issues there. She drinks water consistently.

She’s eating and drinking totally fine. She doesn’t eat crickets at all (she won’t. I’ve tried so many times), she only eats superworms and two a day. I offer her as many as she wants but she usually just takes two and is done. She’s been that way since I first got her and no issues there. She drinks water consistently.
They can get pretty irritable around shedding times. As far as the poop she looks well hydrated just not much stool since she eats so few feeders. I would recommend adding some variety though. This may help for selection. If your local store does not sell them then you can order them.
Basic Feeder pic.jpeg

This morning and last night my chameleon has been particularly aggressive. She’s never hissed at me before and now she’s done it around four times just when I tried to put her food in her enclosure. I don’t handle her much and I don’t know what this means. She just shed, could that be the problem? Not only that though this is what her excrement looked like when I got up this morning:

How old is she? Many go through a "terrible teens" phase as they approach maturity. How long have you had her? Once a cham has settled into a new territory they begin to defend it. You are now more of an intruder.

yes, also veiled chams are known for being notoriously grumpy, when she hisses leave your hand in the cage, by ripping it away you're showing her that she has dominance and her cage is her cage and nobody should be in it. stay around her for a little, read a book, play a game just make sure she can see u, by doing so you're showing her that you're not a threat to her and everytime she sees you she wont get stressed and you wont try to get her out or anything like that.

Back
Top Bottom