Is my chameleon healthy?

Also be careful with intense basking spot bulbs, as they produce high heat in a small area, increasing the risk for burns. Using a plain incandescent bulb provides a wide heat gradient, lessening the risk of burns and providing a better thermogradient. How far away is the basking bulb from the basking branch?
It’s 8-9 inches away. Which one would you recommend I get?

I see people use these but they say LED? Another question I also lost one of her bsfl in her cage well she dropped it when she was eating and I can’t find it. Do you think it’ll die or turn into a fly. If it does is it ok? Can she eat it or should I take it out if I find it? I looked for it for like 30 minutes but I can’t find it
No LED, just regular energy-sucking white light household incandescent bulbs. What is her basking temp at where her casque/top of her back is when she’s on her basking branch? The BSFL will probably turn into a fly, which is fine, just extra enrichment for her.
It’s 8-9 inches away. Which one would you recommend I get?
Distance sounds good

No LED, just regular energy-sucking white light household incandescent bulbs. What is her basking temp at where her casque/top of her back is when she’s on her basking branch? The BSFL will probably turn into a fly, which is fine, just extra enrichment for her.

Distance sounds good
It’s 80-82 it changes but it gets no higher than that. I have a temp gun and I check regularly. Are those temps good? Too hot or too cold?

It’s 80-82 it changes but it gets no higher than that. I have a temp gun and I check regularly. Are those temps good? Too hot or too cold?
You’ll need a digital thermometer with a probe, and place/hang it near/where her casque/top of her back is on her basking branch. It shouldn’t be over 78-80*F at the max there.

You’ll need a digital thermometer with a probe, and place/hang it near/where her casque/top of her back is on her basking branch. It shouldn’t be over 78-80*F at the max there.
Oh yeah I do have one it measures the humidity and temperature it’s not where you say it should be but it’s close. And ok I’ll fix the temps and move the hygrometer/thermometer. I found the bsfl and can I ask what brand you recommend for the bulb? Or which one you use. I’ll change it today or tomorrow since there is a Home Depot right in front of my house. Like a 1-2 minute drive :)

Oh yeah I do have one it measures the humidity and temperature it’s not where you say it should be but it’s close. And ok I’ll fix the temps and move the hygrometer/thermometer. I found the bsfl and can I ask what brand you recommend for the bulb? Or which one you use. I’ll change it today or tomorrow since there is a Home Depot right in front of my house. Like a 1-2 minute drive :)
So I use a digital thermometer with a probe for basking, an infrared temp gun to spot check areas, and three digital thermometer-hygrometer combos to check ambient temps and humidity levels throughout the cage (one near the top, one in the middle, and one at the bottom). I’d definitely recommend getting a digital thermometer with a probe for basking temps 100% because that is crucial for any animal, especially a female veiled, to get correct and measure accurately! I use plain white light incandescent bulbs from Home Depot. You have to play around with the wattages until you get the right one.

So I use a digital thermometer with a probe for basking, an infrared temp gun to spot check areas, and three digital thermometer-hygrometer combos to check ambient temps and humidity levels throughout the cage (one near the top, one in the middle, and one at the bottom). I’d definitely recommend getting a digital thermometer with a probe for basking temps 100% because that is crucial for any animal, especially a female veiled, to get correct and measure accurately! I use plain white light incandescent bulbs from Home Depot. You have to play around with the wattages until you get the right one.
Thanks!

The black soldier flys are safe too feed too they look like wasps but they are harmless, no mouthparts they only eat in larvae stage 👍
Yeah I know but I was only worried that they’d be too big for her since she only 4 months old. Could she still eat it?

A little update, so I was able to get the plants but not the light bulb. It’s been raining dangerously hard so I don’t plan on going out until it slows down for safety. But I’ll probably order online or walk since it’s not far but I’ll have to see when it’s not raining too hard. She’s been great she’s eaten some of her pothos which was really cool. I got a bromeliad, hibiscus, and another golden pothos. She hasn’t laid and I don’t think she will for a while. But yeah hope you guys are all safe and healthy! I’ll update in case of anything. :))

Attachments

• EAB27B92-2D66-42A5-A91D-B4E5A05EB039.jpeg
    EAB27B92-2D66-42A5-A91D-B4E5A05EB039.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 61
Back
Top Bottom