Is my chameleon about to lay eggs or die?!?!

I know it's been a while....but what happened?

I took her to the emergency vet the next day and they took an x-ray and said she is egg bound and mbd due to the wrong lighting in my cage (right after i bought the linear t5 ho light) I am now giving her liquid Calcium glubionate everyday to help my poor baby. Next i booked an appt w a reptile vet and he said he would not recommend surgery and to spike up the heat in her cage.... She still has not layed and the vet is not concerned. (i am so anxious i feel like it has been way to long) I have also been in contact w zoomed about improper lighting in the “chameleon kit”

Do they have any plans to give her oxytocin or talk bout it with you? Did the vet say why not to get her spayed then?
Is the laybin still in the cage?
So how long has she been on the calcium glubionte?
Can you post a photo of her now?

Do they have any plans to give her oxytocin or talk bout it with you? Did the vet say why not to get her spayed then?
Is the laybin still in the cage?
So how long has she been on the calcium glubionte?
Can you post a photo of her now?
They gave her oxytocin at the emergency vet. did not help. I also talked to a vet through here who said she was not in that stage yet where it would have helped her lay. she has been on the liquid calcium for about 30 days. Yes the bin is still in the cage and i also changed it out for a bigger bin with a plant in it. here is a pic of her now. (i put towels on the bottom of my cage incase she falls and it looks like she has 💔)

Attachments

• BAB20741-DB66-4CF7-9DFC-DA624484CDF5.jpeg
    BAB20741-DB66-4CF7-9DFC-DA624484CDF5.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 88
Glad you talked to Dayna (Ferritinmyshoes). She is a good vet!

I was just worried hat she was getting burned...so I asked.
Oy! I hope it is not a burn i did not think of that! Do you think that’s possible??? My basking branch is about 6inch from the top and I use a 5.0 uvb i do not have a uv index checker though.

Put your hand inside the cage as close as the chameleon could get to it. If you don't feel like it's too hot...hot enough that you want to move your hand ...then it should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom