- Veiled chameleon. Female. 2-3 mo. Old. Been in my care for 2 weeks
- Handle my chameleon once every week or so. Havent been recently because I can tell she hates it and it stresses her out.
- I feed my chameleon small crickets and cockroaches. Not sure how much to give every day but I usually put 6-8 crickets in a day and 1-2 roaches a day. I cant tell if she is eating them really because I am out most of the day. I notice some crickets get out of their dish and run around the cage, so I cannot accurately track how much she is eating.
- Gut loading products: Flunkers Orange Cube &Aquadine
- Supplements: Sticky tongue farms Calcium mineral supplement
- Watering with a dripper (which she has gone for recently so I am relieved) and spray twice a day.
- Ive only seen her go to the bathroom once but her feces seem normal and is dropping a few drops of yellowish-clear liquid. I have never tested for parasites
- Her color is most of the time green but slightly been a little pale green recently. When she is pissed or hunting, she gets a normal blue speckled pattern (but I haven’t seen her eat in a couple of days)
- Screen cage. Large size: 18x18x36 with lots of places to hide and a good basking spot
- Using a ceramic heat lamp for heat on all the time sitting on the screen. She spends her time under here most of the time
- I am not sure actual temp but I think its at 80 deg.F I have a temp gauge but I have been just keeping it at the top of the cage. Any recommendations about how to keep and evaluate accurate temps.
- I spray for humidity. Any recommendations appreciated
- No live plants. Just fake plants
- Cagee is located 2 feet above the floor. Away from any vents and has view of a window
Current problem: My cham seems to be slightly lethargic. She has been chilling a lot with her eyes closed and will sometimes keep one eye squinted with the other open. She seems to be taking a nap of some kind throughout the day, which is concerning. I haven’t seen her eat in 2 days but again I am assuming she is eating when I am not around (I hope). She also likes to sit under the heat with her mouth open sometimes. She is not right now but sometimes I catch her with her mouth partly open with her eyes closed. I wish there was a vet that could come over and take a look. L
IMG_1392.jpeg297.6 KB · Views: 87
IMG_1393.jpeg276.5 KB · Views: 76
IMG_1394.jpeg324.8 KB · Views: 93
IMG_1395.jpeg455.9 KB · Views: 80
IMG_1396.jpeg343.5 KB · Views: 78
IMG_1397.jpeg339.6 KB · Views: 104
IMG_1398.jpeg525.7 KB · Views: 89
IMG_1399.jpeg216 KB · Views: 95
IMG_1400.jpeg206.8 KB · Views: 94
IMG_1401.jpeg178.8 KB · Views: 76