is my cham okay?

veiledcham<3

i have a female cham and she hasn’t really moved out of her basking spot for two days now. she puffs only her stomach out and has been laying on her stomach. she’s also been very pale. i’m wondering if these might be signs of mbd.

Attachments

• E9B19E48-0148-4312-9CE0-E0D497B9C294.jpeg
    E9B19E48-0148-4312-9CE0-E0D497B9C294.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 83
Your Chameleon - veiled, female, i think she’s about 2 months old. i’ve had her for about a week.
Handling - not often. only when she willingly climbs out of her cage on to me.
Feeding - live crickets. no specific amount, i feed her first thing in the morning when she wakes up and before 7:00pm every evening. currently just carrots, what are some good veggies i should be feeding them?
Supplements - i’m using zoo meds reptile calcium without d3 for everyday dusting, i have zoo meds vitamins but i heard they weren’t good so i haven’t used it. i understand she’ll need a d3 dusting at least once a month so that will be purchased this week.
Watering - i spray her enclosure every morning and periodically through the day when it’s been dry for a little bit. i missed for about one minute. yes i see her drinking.
Fecal Description - brown and a little wet. she has not been tested for parasites.
History - no history
Cage Type - i bought the zoomed reptibreeze cham kit. idk the exact dimensions. all sides are screen.
Lighting - currently using zoo med tropical uvb & heat lighting. lights turn on at 10:30am and off at 10:30pm.
Temperature- basking spot is usually at 80- 85, ground is usually 75. lowest overnight temp is 60. a little device that came in the cham kit.
Humidity - i dont have a way to check humidity levels rn, suggestions would be great.
Plants - i’m using fake plants but they are in the silk form not plastic. i want to transition into real plants soon, what are some good plants?
Placement - it’s on top of my dresser, not near any air vents. it’s in a low traffic area.
Location - missouri, it’s pretty cold outside right now but stays warm in my room.
Current Problem - why my cham is napping during the day.

Attachments

See my responses in red. Also please review the husbandry program on this website: https://chameleonacademy.com/
This is a great resource and will provide a lot of info that will help teach you about your chameleon and how to take care of her. Also refer to the species profiles and care sheets for veileds also on the same website.

Your Chameleon - veiled, female, i think she’s about 2 months old. i’ve had her for about a week. She will eventually need a lay bin in her cage.
Handling - not often. only when she willingly climbs out of her cage on to me.
Feeding - live crickets. no specific amount, i feed her first thing in the morning when she wakes up and before 7:00pm every evening. currently just carrots, what are some good veggies i should be feeding them? I'll attach the feeding & gutloading guides. How big are the crickets? Approximately how many do you think she eats? Keeping track of her diet is important, and will become more important as she matures. @MissSkittles
Supplements - i’m using zoo meds reptile calcium without d3 for everyday dusting, i have zoo meds vitamins but i heard they weren’t good so i haven’t used it. i understand she’ll need a d3 dusting at least once a month so that will be purchased this week. Is the multivitamin with or without d3? If it is, then you'll use this to dust feeders twice a month (once every other week), and calcium w/o d3 at all other feedings. If the multivitamin does not have d3 then you will also need to get a calcium w/d3 as you've mentioned. This you'll add to the aforementioned schedule, twice a month, so that you're alternating between the multivitamin and cal w/d3 each week. @Beman @MissSkittles
Watering - i spray her enclosure every morning and periodically through the day when it’s been dry for a little bit. i missed for about one minute. yes i see her drinking. Do you have a dripper?
Fecal Description - brown and a little wet. she has not been tested for parasites. There are two parts to a cham's droppings. The brown part is the fecal matter, and the white/yellow part is the urates. Can you describe the color of her urates?
History - no history
Cage Type - i bought the zoomed reptibreeze cham kit. idk the exact dimensions. all sides are screen. This is ok for a baby, but you'll eventually need to upgrade to a 2x2x4'. Also keep in mind that most of things sold with the chameleon kit are unfortunately not good for chams. :(
Lighting - currently using zoo med tropical uvb & heat lighting. lights turn on at 10:30am and off at 10:30pm. If you got the kit then I assume your UVB bulb is a coil bulb, which unfortunately does not provide enough UVB to keep your cham healthy. You'll want to upgrade this to a T5 HO Linear light with a Reptisun 5.0 bulb or Arcadia 6%.
Temperature- basking spot is usually at 80- 85, ground is usually 75. lowest overnight temp is 60. a little device that came in the cham kit. The analog gauges are not very accurate. I'd upgrade to a digital probe.
Humidity - i dont have a way to check humidity levels rn, suggestions would be great. You'll want to get a hygrometer asap: proper humidity is essential for a cham's health. Again, I'd get a digital one, not analog.
Plants - i’m using fake plants but they are in the silk form not plastic. i want to transition into real plants soon, what are some good plants? Chameleon Academy is a great resource: https://chameleonacademy.com/plants/
Placement - it’s on top of my dresser, not near any air vents. it’s in a low traffic area.
Location - missouri, it’s pretty cold outside right now but stays warm in my room.
Current Problem - why my cham is napping during the day.

Attachments

Attachments

• chameleon-food(1).jpg
    chameleon-food(1).jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 53
  • chameleon-gutload.jpg
    chameleon-gutload.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 64
Back
Top Bottom