is my cham ok?

whysoez420

i have a 3.5 month old male veiled. i have seen him go on the cage before and usually when he does he has spots on him like he's stressed ect.
this time it looks more intense and he hasn't eatin as much today as he usually does. he's acting as if something is scaring the sh!t out of him. i have attached a picture below to show his pattern. all help/input is greatly appreciated.

He's pretty chubby for a male. Does he have branches to climb on, and perch under heisbasking bulb inside the cage? To thermoregulate.

He's pretty chubby for a male. Does he have branches to climb on, and perch under heisbasking bulb inside the cage? To thermoregulate.

Oh yes trust me. Plenty of things to climb on.
I have him in a 2x2x4 cage. Tons of room to rome.
I will attach a picture soon.

As for the cage, I suggest finding some 2 ft long branches small enough for his feet and putting them up nearer by the light. Drill holes in each end, get some fishing line and attach them to the screen. I think it would give him more space to roam horizontally and vertically, because you aren't using as much space as you have available right now. It would be a good idea to add some branches and maybe 1 fake vine up there so it has a place to roam higher up. The rest of the enclosure is perfect I think.

As for the chameleon, the reason mine did that was because he did not like something in the enclosure. Try changing things around slightly and figure out if he is uncomfortable with something in there. That is all I can come up with now.

As for the cage, I suggest finding some 2 ft long branches small enough for his feet and putting them up nearer by the light. Drill holes in each end, get some fishing line and attach them to the screen. I think it would give him more space to roam horizontally and vertically, because you aren't using as much space as you have available right now. It would be a good idea to add some branches and maybe 1 fake vine up there so it has a place to roam higher up. The rest of the enclosure is perfect I think.

As for the chameleon, the reason mine did that was because he did not like something in the enclosure. Try changing things around slightly and figure out if he is uncomfortable with something in there. That is all I can come up with now.

I would put things closer to the top but its already 7 inches away from the top I'm scared of him.getting a burn.

I would put things closer to the top but its already 7 inches away from the top I'm scared of him.getting a burn.

7 inches away is a bit much. My cham is around 4-5 inches away, but it doesn't really matter.

As long as he doesn't climb directly under the bulb ON the screen upside down he should be fine.

All you have to worry about is the temperature. So I would get an electronic temperature reader (or a laser one) and make sure its not too hot and base the stick height off that.

7 inches away is a bit much. My cham is around 4-5 inches away, but it doesn't really matter.

As long as he doesn't climb directly under the bulb ON the screen upside down he should be fine.

All you have to worry about is the temperature. So I would get an electronic temperature reader (or a laser one) and make sure its not too hot and base the stick height off that.

yeah i watched him go upside down and almost go to where the lamp is...
i'm scared because i work mon-fri i wont be home to see him until around 5.
i think i'm going to raise it with a stand some how. i do have a temperature gun btw haha.

Back
Top Bottom