Is my cage to busy for new baby Veiled?

Hart20009

I was wondering what is to much? I have a ficus tree in 16X16X30 cage with a flexible vine rapping around in it with several bamboo reeds from bottom to top at different levels along with a way to reach the bottom of the cage.
20150331_162756.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Aww! Lily is so cute and looks really happy! There's no such thing as too much décor when it comes to chams, the more the better. I think the enclosure looks great, could add a couple more horizontal branches/dowels by using push pins through the screen to attach them. Are you cup feeding her? How old is she? I can't tell her size by the pic. Depending on her age you need to factor in space for an egg laying bin.

I agree that she has plenty of space and she's able to hide, so that's great!

I might add that it could be easy for crickets to hide in there as well. This shouldn't be a big issue as long as you're aware of how much she's eating, and making sure crickets don't roam around her cage at night.
Nothing major, just something to consider :) thank you for sharing!

She is a few months old. Cup feeding? I am counting out 5 to 8 a day currently to feed her with dusting 4 times a week. I am concerned about basking light. I am currently using 50 watt . what are your thoughts?

Also I noticed she doesn't eat around me. In Chicagoans reptile house she was devouring crickets soon as they hit the bottom of enclosure. Maybe I am paranoid just don't want her to go hungry. I do find small crickets in the evening sometimes.

It looks to me like she has a basking spot and places to hide once she warms up.
What's the temp in her basking spot?

Cup feeding is pretty much just placing her feeders in a cup instead of free ranging them. Crickets tends to need a kinda deep cup though to keep them from jumping out, so it might be good to wait until she's a little older.
There are some cool DIY feeder cups out there, might search the forums for some ideas.

You can also use a shallow dish for meal worms, silk worms and dubias as long as they're small enough.

If you're seeing crickets in the evening, take them out before bed time :)

She's probably just settling in and that's why she isn't eating in front of you yet. Once she becomes more comfortable though you'll be able to spy on her eating.

Back
Top Bottom