Is my cage fine?

PabloTheCham

Chameleon Enthusiast
This is my veiled's enclosure. Please tell me if i am doing anything wrong. the UVB is 5.0 reptisun linear, and the heat is an intense basking spot (50 watts). The cham's enclosure was too big so i made it smaller by putting a table in the enclosure. I mist 2-3 times a day. he does not look dehydrated, but his urate is orange? (please explain this) . Also if you can PLEASE tell me how old this cham is? he is a male, and the petstore guy didn't know his age.

Thanks!

Attachments

• CAGE.JPG
    CAGE.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 80
  • PABLO.jpg
    PABLO.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 94
  • paBLOPOOP.JPG
    paBLOPOOP.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 84
Add more winding sticks and vines, Maybe cut down the plants so they’re not touching the lights and he wouldn’t get too close and burn. The enclosure doesn’t look too big, they enjoy space to climb. What do you feed him, how much is he misted?

What are your basking and ambient temps? What about humidity levels?

What makes you think that enclosure is too big? I don't think there is such thing as too big of an enclosure for a chameleon. That guy would love the extra space :)

because my last cham was kinda disoriented and fell off the top of the umbrella tree. He is not used to hunting for his food and only eats crickets in a cup. I will remove the table when he gets a little bigger. His humidity is around 40-50% because i don't have an automatic misting system to keep humidity up when i'm not home. his ambient temp is around 70-75 degrees. His basking temp is around 85. Can you please tell me if his poop looks right?? his urate is orange. Also I would like to know his age. By the way I love your channel and i knew about it before i joined this forum lmao (yes i subbed).

Add more winding sticks and vines, Maybe cut down the plants so they’re not touching the lights and he wouldn’t get too close and burn. The enclosure doesn’t look too big, they enjoy space to climb. What do you feed him, how much is he misted?
he is fed crickets covered in calcium without d3. he does not eat worms for some reason. he is misted 3 times a day or more. (Hard to keep humidity up) His basking spot is free of any plants nearby so he doesn't burn himself.

This is my veiled's enclosure. Please tell me if i am doing anything wrong. the UVB is 5.0 reptisun linear, and the heat is an intense basking spot (50 watts). The cham's enclosure was too big so i made it smaller by putting a table in the enclosure. I mist 2-3 times a day. he does not look dehydrated, but his urate is orange? (please explain this) . Also if you can PLEASE tell me how old this cham is? he is a male, and the petstore guy didn't know his age.

Thanks!
How old is your buddy?

if you have the time, why dont you fill out this form!!! we'll be able to look at your husbandry in detail!!!

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

he is dehydrated if his urate is orange, a healthy chameleon should not fall so that may be cause for concern.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Male Juvenile Veiled Chameleon. Not sure of a age. been in my care for 3 days.
  • Handling - Twice a day for a few minutes, he hisses when I take him out but is fine once i have him.
  • Feeding - I feed him crickets and superworms, covered in calcium without d3. What amount? As much as he eats, and that is a lot (around 7 crix and 4-5 superworms), i gut load my crix with a few apple slices and a cricket powder mix thing, along with cricket quencher water crystals.
  • Supplements - i dust almost every cricket with repticalcium without d3.
  • Watering - I mist cham until all leaves have droplets on them. i do this at 7am, 3pm, 6pm, and maybe 9pm. i don't see him drink as I have to leave right after i mist. he does not have a dripper.
  • Fecal Description - Never tested for anything, got him 3 days ago. pic of poop attached.
  • History - none.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - screen cage, 2 feet tall 2 feet deep and 2 feet wide.
  • Lighting - he is lit from 6:45 to 6:45. He has an intense basking spot lamp and a reptisun 5.0 uvb linear.
  • Temperature - Basking spot is 80-90 and room temp is 72 degrees, so same at night. I measured basking spot with laser thermometer thingy.
  • Humidity - Around 40% in the house and 50-70% after misting seshs.
  • Plants - 3 umbrella plants
  • Placement - The cage is a foot from the ceiling, it is in my room with minimal traffic.
  • Location - Moutain View, California.

Back
Top Bottom