Is it too Hot? New Owner!

Ahhhhh we dream of nights like that. Unfortunately in the summer my house barley gets into the mid 70s at night. Are there anyways you know of I can get it a little cooler? Or would it just be a fan? :ROFLMAO:
I’ll have to look up the linear fixture. Do the coils not work?
Having my swamp cooler makes for the nights to have from 40to50% humidity. I was told that would be okay for not having to mist before bed?

I think mid 70s at highest would be okay. There are portable ac units, though I've never used one myself. I have fans circulating the air in my cham room, but not directly into the cages. This helps cool it slightly.

I think mid 70s at highest would be okay. There are portable ac units, though I've never used one myself. I have fans circulating the air in my cham room, but not directly into the cages. This helps cool it slightly.
Okay awesome I was worried. I will definitely play a little around a little bit and see what I can do. We have definitely had to use those portable AC units here but they can be darn expensive to run. As of now I opened the vent all the way in the room he stays in. If no change I’ll invest the money. Thank you for all your help!

Yeah I'd imagine running them is a lot. I run a portable heater in my feeder room during the winter. The bill is killer. Worth not worrying about a fire though. You could maybe just set the ac on 75 if you go that route, shouldn't run too often at that?

Yeah I'd imagine running them is a lot. I run a portable heater in my feeder room during the winter. The bill is killer. Worth not worrying about a fire though. You could maybe just set the ac on 75 if you go that route, shouldn't run too often at that?
Very true, my fiancé would not appreciate that :LOL: I think they even make very small ones. Maybe I can get that to aim at his cage?

Haha exactly. But dont aim ac or any air at the cage. You want to change the room temp without putting a draft through the cage.
Hey I’m sorry I had another question. When I woke up the humidity is actually at 80 all but it’s self! I turned his dripper on. Should I just wait to mist until it goes down?

No problem ask as much as you'd like. I would mist as usual. He still needs to drink and bathe. I notice my chams never use a dripper so I don't even bother with them

I really appreciate that! I will give him a misting then. He does keep staying in that corner. After eating he is napping. Is it normal for Him to be napping this much?

Darn I knew it..... Yes he has been closing his eyes. I tried to ask about it yesterday but it was in the middle of everything else. He has been tucked back and keeping his eyes closed. Yesterday after I got him in there I added a feeder cup so that way I didn’t have to keep messing with him. At that point he ran behind there and ended up closing his eyes after a little bit. I was so worried he wouldn’t wake up at all. So I took the plant down and he woke up. He came back out and explored even let me feed him after. Kept a beautiful green so I thought he was okay. But he keeps going there and was keeping them closed until I listed.

Yeah an appt with an experienced vet(that has seen chameleons before) is probably necessary. Could you fill out the help form sticky at the top of health clinic section if you havent already?

Yeah an appt with an experienced vet(that has seen chameleons before) is probably necessary. Could you fill out the help form sticky at the top of health clinic section if you havent already?
There is a really good local reptilian vet that I will call. I will fill that out now though.

Well for now fill out the form let's see if we can adjust anything.
Im really sorry for all the confusion. Being a first time owner and new to the forum it’s been confusing. I was already very worried about making sure everything’s perfect for his arrival.

Back
Top Bottom