Is it safe to put this plant in my chameleons enclosure?

IrohLover

Hello all! I recently went to a nursery and purchased some plants for my home and my chameleon. I purchased a ficus and bromeliads for Iroh's enclosure because I saw on some sites that these will be perfect for him. I also purchased a plant called little lemon goldenrod. It's a herbaceous perennial and very pretty and I bet he'd love to climb on it! But I wanted to make sure that it's safe before I do that. Does anybody know if this will be safe?

Attachments

• IMG_1102.jpg
    IMG_1102.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1103.jpg
    IMG_1103.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1104.jpg
    IMG_1104.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 89
I think rayless goldenrod is toxic

Looked it up quick, rayless is toxic to horses, but I think this lemon goldenrod may be a different plant because a few sites i saw listed it as non toxic.

I wish people would say what kind of chameleon rather than "my chameleon". That makes a huge difference, if you don't have a veiled it's pretty much a non issue. If you do have a veiled, still usually not an issue, but good to be mindful of and check the toxicity beforehand like @AmandaS mentioned

Looked it up quick, rayless is toxic to horses, but I think this lemon goldenrod may be a different plant because a few sites i saw listed it as non toxic.

I wish people would say what kind of chameleon rather than "my chameleon". That makes a huge difference, if you don't have a veiled it's pretty much a non issue. If you do have a veiled, still usually not an issue, but good to be mindful of and check the toxicity beforehand like @AmandaS mentioned
Thank you! He's a panther chameleon

Back
Top Bottom