Is it really egg bound or constipation

The bond we can get with them is amazing. Got 4 chams and with each individual I got my own special bond, however my veiled, stays the most special when it comes to ´social interaction´.

Don´t know, but the first poop have blood wan´t be unreasonable, it´s all fresh and the poop could be from the old badge, before surgery. If it stays with blood, then it will be alarming.
Poop just small now no more blood but poops look like little chocolate balls with crunchy things in it! Could that be pieces of little lozard bones from the one she ate O will feel betterr once everything returns to normal. But she seems a whole lot better since surgery I just hope this doesnt happen again in the future from what ive read it can is that possible after her being spayed ovi duct an d eggs and follicles were all removed but ovaries were still there idk.

Poop just small now no more blood but poops look like little chocolate balls with crunchy things in it! Could that be pieces of little lozard bones from the one she ate O will feel betterr once everything returns to normal. But she seems a whole lot better since surgery I just hope this doesnt happen again in the future from what ive read it can is that possible after her being spayed ovi duct an d eggs and follicles were all removed but ovaries were still there idk.
Unfortunately I also don’t have an answer for this. Still hoping for the best, that she fully recovers and by her old self again soon.

Hello all Im hoping to get some of you all experise and opinion.
So charlotte my veiled female cham started having trouble pooping about a week ago they are tiny tiny poops with blood noticed on the end.
Took her to Exotic Animal Hospital where they did an xray and said she had follicles.now she laid her first unfertlile clutch of eggs may 24th with out any problems everything went just as planned. Now the vet says she needs surgery to remove the follicles which i believe is part of her normal process of develping her new clutch of eggs i noticed the other day that she ate a small florida lizard she is brought outside every morning on her outdoor jasmine and me baby sitting her i keep thinking its a blockage not a follicle problem also i brought a baby cham home june 4th from the pet store after falling in love with her realized she had parasites so had a stool donr and shes currently on flagyl could the baby have passed this on the my adult girl they are house seperately .im scared to death of losing her doing this surgery slash egg removal the doc said there are no guarantees so im afraid of making the wrong choice everything iver rwad has been negative about spaying her the doc insist this is what her peoblem. Please if there is anyone out there who can put my heart and mind at ease shes scheduled for surgery shes acting completely normal eating a bit less but still basking eating roaming eyes liok really 👍 i dont deel good about spaying her as im not convinced thats the real problem when i asked the doc couldnt this just be part of her normal cycling based on the last clutch she laid she said its possible yet she is saying she needs surgery someone please help
Thank you so much for replying if you can call me its so hard typing everything 321 374 9529 today she seems less active displaying darker colors she ate about 6 crickets yesterday i was concerned she hadnt really eaten and not having calcuim when she doesnt eat problem with second opinion is time no one can take you right away its 2 to3 week wait which at this point i dont have do you know if dr sanngetta macko is good she is the one who say my cham and wants to do surgery friday ?? I actually feel sick myself worrying about her i have constant knots in my stomach and feel helpless at this point!
Hi there! Just going to jump right in here since you’re in my neck of the woods and I went through follicle removal/spay procedure with my 3 yr old female recently. I’m going to agree with the others here in that it sounds more like am impaction/blockage situation that could be coupled with parasites so a second option is a good idea, imo. It’s very important that you drop off a fecal sample for a slide and float to test for different strains of parasites so they know exactly which medication to give her to treat them properly and eradicate the problem. Parasites can be passed from reptile to reptile so be sure to take precautionary measures and wash your hands thoroughly after handling each of them.
Aside from that, it’s of utmost importance that you have an accurate diagnosis as to whether she’s in follicular stasis or if this is a digestive/intestinal issue or impaction/obstruction. You don’t want to have this kind of intrusive procedure on a delicate reptile if it’s not necessary, especially if she’s in a decline and showing signs of illness.
Unfortunately, Dr Bogolosavsky is not currently doing this procedure any longer due to failing vision and is referring patients to a vet in Savannah, Ga. After extensive research and gathering recommendations from Dr Bruce, friends and professionals in the field, I was lucky enough to find Dr Santiago Diaz. I was excited to read that you’ve visited his clinic because he was absolutely amazing. I highly recommend that you see him, not an associate, and explain what’s going on in depth. Not that they aren’t good, I just can’t speak to their level of expertise with this kind of surgery. Dr Diaz has done this procedure many times and sees chameleons on the regular. He was able to successfully remove all of her reproductive tissue so it will not grow back and form follicles/eggs in the future.
You can communicate with him via email and express your concerns, he is very kind and patient and will explain everything in detail of what to expect. You can explain that this is an emergency situation and ask to be seen asap, the doctor and clinic staff are very professional and accommodating. If she does need spay surgery, she will need to be as healthy and as strong as possible to recover from it completely.
It’s important that you correct any husbandry issues now so she’s as healthy as possible for whatever lies ahead in the near future for her whether it be spay surgery, parasite treatments or surgery to remove a blockage. Any of those will weaken her immune system and can cause her to take a turn. I’ll be keeping Charlotte in my thoughts, I wish you both the best of luck and a positive outcome! 🤞

Hi there! Just going to jump right in here since you’re in my neck of the woods and I went through follicle removal/spay procedure with my 3 yr old female recently. I’m going to agree with the others here in that it sounds more like am impaction/blockage situation that could be coupled with parasites so a second option is a good idea, imo. It’s very important that you drop off a fecal sample for a slide and float to test for different strains of parasites so they know exactly which medication to give her to treat them properly and eradicate the problem. Parasites can be passed from reptile to reptile so be sure to take precautionary measures and wash your hands thoroughly after handling each of them.
Aside from that, it’s of utmost importance that you have an accurate diagnosis as to whether she’s in follicular stasis or if this is a digestive/intestinal issue or impaction/obstruction. You don’t want to have this kind of intrusive procedure on a delicate reptile if it’s not necessary, especially if she’s in a decline and showing signs of illness.
Unfortunately, Dr Bogolosavsky is not currently doing this procedure any longer due to failing vision and is referring patients to a vet in Savannah, Ga. After extensive research and gathering recommendations from Dr Bruce, friends and professionals in the field, I was lucky enough to find Dr Santiago Diaz. I was excited to read that you’ve visited his clinic because he was absolutely amazing. I highly recommend that you see him, not an associate, and explain what’s going on in depth. Not that they aren’t good, I just can’t speak to their level of expertise with this kind of surgery. Dr Diaz has done this procedure many times and sees chameleons on the regular. He was able to successfully remove all of her reproductive tissue so it will not grow back and form follicles/eggs in the future.
You can communicate with him via email and express your concerns, he is very kind and patient and will explain everything in detail of what to expect. You can explain that this is an emergency situation and ask to be seen asap, the doctor and clinic staff are very professional and accommodating. If she does need spay surgery, she will need to be as healthy and as strong as possible to recover from it completely.
It’s important that you correct any husbandry issues now so she’s as healthy as possible for whatever lies ahead in the near future for her whether it be spay surgery, parasite treatments or surgery to remove a blockage. Any of those will weaken her immune system and can cause her to take a turn. I’ll be keeping Charlotte in my thoughts, I wish you both the best of luck and a positive outcome! 🤞
Hello there thank you kindly for replying back. Due to her declining health i jad no option but to do the surgery she is doing extremely well better than i expected dr diaz didnt do her surgery his associate Macko Sangetta did her surgery last friday so the blood has stopped in her poop but the poops are still very small and I did have a fecal done but the sample again was very small so im concerned it needs to be done again becuase i too believe its possible that she picked up the parasites from the baby cham i got a petco she also was tested and came back positive we are on our second week of flagyl her belly doesnt seem so bloated as before but not sure if they are completely gone yet.another problemy baby cham has is an eye infection thatvsje was put on gentamycin drops twice a day every morning i have to mist her with watm water she we can clear her eyes of the sticky crust that appears the visit and meds cost over 300 and we arent any better than the day we went to the office im concerned the med wasnt right or expired or something as it was given to me in a needless syringe to be adminstered twice daily the mistings seem like the only thing thats helped but tomorrow morning im aure it will be the same thing again any suggestions?

Unfortunately I also don’t have an answer for this. Still hoping for the best, that she fully recovers and by her old self again soon.
Thanks Sonny me too! Tikis eyes arent getting any better either with the gentamycin drops twice daily the only thing thats helped is misting her with warm water so she can free her eyes of the clear crust that ses to keep coming nack over night every morning she cant see until i mist her and help her clean her eyes ive also used saline sterile

Thanks Sonny me too! Tikis eyes arent getting any better either with the gentamycin drops twice daily the only thing thats helped is misting her with warm water so she can free her eyes of the clear crust that ses to keep coming nack over night every morning she cant see until i mist her and help her clean her eyes ive also used saline sterile
Didn´t know her eyes, she had that problem already or it happened after surgery?

gentamycin drops are very harsh on chameleon eyes. I would recommend you ask the vet for a different eye drop.
Why the hell would they order that then wth. I stopped using them honestly today her eyes actually looked better i just keep doing the warm misting so she can clean her eyes and they seemed alot better wow im just blown away! Thanks for letting me know that.. you would think the vet would know thats like her insisting i soak my chams in a bath when they dont absorb water through their skin like beardies ive only known chams to drink with mistings and breathe in water through showers. Its so scary when you have to take your chams to an exotic vet and they are not all all knowledgeable..

Why the hell would they order that then wth. I stopped using them honestly today her eyes actually looked better i just keep doing the warm misting so she can clean her eyes and they seemed alot better wow im just blown away! Thanks for letting me know that.. you would think the vet would know thats like her insisting i soak my chams in a bath when they dont absorb water through their skin like beardies ive only known chams to drink with mistings and breathe in water through showers. Its so scary when you have to take your chams to an exotic vet and they are not all all knowledgeable..

They are not eye doctors and maybe they didn’t know. My girl that had eye problems went to an ophthalmologist that sees reptiles and she told me they were a very harsh drug on their eyes.

They are not eye doctors and maybe they didn’t know. My girl that had eye problems went to an ophthalmologist that sees reptiles and she told me they were a very harsh drug on their eyes.
Who should i bring her too its very stressful for me every morning i have to mist her unril i can free the mucous from her eyes then ibtake it out with sterile gauze my baby girl actually rubs her eyes on the gauze herself as im afraid of injuring her more but once its cleared ot returns several hours later most days i have to help her twice so she can see and move around. I Live in orlando i just want to help her be normal again

Who should i bring her too its very stressful for me every morning i have to mist her unril i can free the mucous from her eyes then ibtake it out with sterile gauze my baby girl actually rubs her eyes on the gauze herself as im afraid of injuring her more but once its cleared ot returns several hours later most days i have to help her twice so she can see and move around. I Live in orlando i just want to help her be normal again

There should be an opthalmologist that sees reptiles in Orlando. I know there’s one in Tampa. If it’s an infection I recommend cleaning with a saline solution and using Tobramycin twice a day. If they are just irritated from using the Gentamicin, I’d recommend Flurbiprofen twice a day. Maybe your vet will let you try those or you could see Dr. Bruce. He’s seen plenty of eye problems in chameleons.

There should be an opthalmologist that sees reptiles in Orlando. I know there’s one in Tampa. If it’s an infection I recommend cleaning with a saline solution and using Tobramycin twice a day. If they are just irritated from using the Gentamicin, I’d recommend Flurbiprofen twice a day. Maybe your vet will let you try those or you could see Dr. Bruce. He’s seen plenty of eye problems in chameleons.
Im going to see if he can get me in office on friday

Thank you so much

Thank you so much for thinking of her you all have been so wonderful going through this with her hasnt been easy but having somewhere to tirn for valuable knowledge and genuine caring has been less frightening for me. My baby girl is doing so much better since her surgery. Her appetite is back however ive been reluctant on the amount and type of feeders im giving to her as her poops are still quite small no blood is present but poops looking dried up. Not having her in her regular enclosure with her misting and drippings systems has been a bit challenging to keep her hydration up I have been sneaking in a little extra water when giving her meds shes still on IM fortaz for the infection that was present in her blood and we are still doing allopurinol twice daily every 12 hours no longer doing the tramadol as vet said only 3 to 5 days and her energy has returned her colors are still off but i contribute that to stress of not being in her normal enviorment i still bring her outside for her to ansorb the natural sunlight its alot easier to give her water when shes hanging with her head down and tail in the air so i dont get any water near her incision its healing well without signs of infection or drainage. DrMacko did a nice job with her sutures im praying that all was removed not that we have to go through This again in the future. She has a recheck for the allopurinol level on friday amd her sutures come out on the 29th. Shes bavk to being a little brat again im so very grateful for that! I cant thanknyou all enough for the support and care we recieved here in this forum you all are remarkable in my book.
20220817_162117.jpg

Dr. Díaz is an excellent with chameleon and successfully done this surgery many times before. The most important thing is to get the surgery early, before they get weak.
3 days left till Charlotte gets her sutures out.! Labs have improved almost 100 percent and my baby girl is starting to look like her old self again with the exception of her weight loss through the egg and follicels being removed. Can not wait to get her back into her regular encloseure..meds almost completed. Im grateful ....

Back
Top Bottom