Is it really egg bound or constipation

Are you seein Dr. Díaz?
Dr Macko Sangetta did her surgery this morning. She said her surgery went well but her labs werent songood that she had a nasty infection and thatvher kidney function was off so she was goingbto change the original pain meds and abts she was going to give her. What would cause her kidneys to be off and the nasty infection im sure was sepsis seeing she was not able to poop properly the last twonweeks she could barely pass the poo and urates two were tiny . Dr said she was full of follicles they were compressing all of her organs how fast since she laid her last unfertile clutch on May 22nd. They kept her over night and said the doc would call me in the morning with an update and when i can take her home.??? Question though she stated her sutures would be in for 3 weeks and that she cant get them wet. How am i going to prevent her from getting wet without her misting and drippers thats mostly how she drinks. Ive been worried sick all day even worse tonight hoping shes ok. I WISH THEY HAD A PHONE LINE that you could call and get an update. But last i was told she was recovering and breathing on her own. Also bringingbher home im going to move her back into the smaller enclosure thats cleaned out and simple so shes safe and cant get her sutures caught up any suggestion??? What would be most comfortable i know when i changed her into her new enclosure it was almost a month before she was comfortable in there and not hiding in one corner until she got use to the larger new place....

Dr Macko Sangetta did her surgery this morning. She said her surgery went well but her labs werent songood that she had a nasty infection and thatvher kidney function was off so she was goingbto change the original pain meds and abts she was going to give her. What would cause her kidneys to be off and the nasty infection im sure was sepsis seeing she was not able to poop properly the last twonweeks she could barely pass the poo and urates two were tiny . Dr said she was full of follicles they were compressing all of her organs how fast since she laid her last unfertile clutch on May 22nd. They kept her over night and said the doc would call me in the morning with an update and when i can take her home.??? Question though she stated her sutures would be in for 3 weeks and that she cant get them wet. How am i going to prevent her from getting wet without her misting and drippers thats mostly how she drinks. Ive been worried sick all day even worse tonight hoping shes ok. I WISH THEY HAD A PHONE LINE that you could call and get an update. But last i was told she was recovering and breathing on her own. Also bringingbher home im going to move her back into the smaller enclosure thats cleaned out and simple so shes safe and cant get her sutures caught up any suggestion??? What would be most comfortable i know when i changed her into her new enclosure it was almost a month before she was comfortable in there and not hiding in one corner until she got use to the larger new place....
I’m so glad that her surgery went well. To prevent her sutures from getting wet, you’ll have to hand mist around her. I don’t think I’d worry so much about her hanging out beneath the dripper and getting wet. You don’t need to use the dripper…just add an extra misting for her. If she seems to prefer the dripper, you could maybe just not use it for a few days until her suture line starts to do some healing. As for her enclosure, If you have a screen enclosure like a ReptiBreeze, you could shorten it by placing something solid beneath the floor panel. That way she’d still be in her familiar home but not have as much area to travel. Just an idea.
Earlier this year one of my girls had a really nasty infection - Dr said he’d never seen such a high white count in a chameleon and he and his colleagues that he consulted with were stumped. Never did discover where the infection came from and I only took her in because I felt she had lost weight and just didn’t look right. He did feel she was full of poop and I had to give her extra po fluids along with an antibiotic. She was also quite anemic. Her story is here if you’re interested. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/sweet-grumpy.186732/ Thankfully all of the worrying and crying I did was in vain and my sweet girl recovered. I’m still praying that your sweet girl will recover fully from all of this and that you will stay strong and sane thru it all. 🙏 🙏 🙏💗

If she had been on antibiotics before they could have damaged her kidneys. After surgery I water my girls with a plastic eye dropper along with misting the leaves around them. give her a bug and as she is chewing start dripping her.

You had Dr. Diaz’s wife. I wish you’d ask for Dr. Diaz. I know he’s excellent with this surgery. I’ve not heard anything about his wife, other than she’s a vet also. Praying for your girl. 🙏

I’m so glad that her surgery went well. To prevent her sutures from getting wet, you’ll have to hand mist around her. I don’t think I’d worry so much about her hanging out beneath the dripper and getting wet. You don’t need to use the dripper…just add an extra misting for her. If she seems to prefer the dripper, you could maybe just not use it for a few days until her suture line starts to do some healing. As for her enclosure, If you have a screen enclosure like a ReptiBreeze, you could shorten it by placing something solid beneath the floor panel. That way she’d still be in her familiar home but not have as much area to travel. Just an idea.
Earlier this year one of my girls had a really nasty infection - Dr said he’d never seen such a high white count in a chameleon and he and his colleagues that he consulted with were stumped. Never did discover where the infection came from and I only took her in because I felt she had lost weight and just didn’t look right. He did feel she was full of poop and I had to give her extra po fluids along with an antibiotic. She was also quite anemic. Her story is here if you’re interested. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/sweet-grumpy.186732/ Thankfully all of the worrying and crying I did was in vain and my sweet girl recovered. I’m still praying that your sweet girl will recover fully from all of this and that you will stay strong and sane thru it all. 🙏 🙏 🙏💗
Awww thank you so much all of the support you all have given me though this ordeal im most grateful I feel as though its like a family here thanks agon for helping me not go insane and given me answers to my fears of the unknown im so greaful I really am. Picking up my baby now...i dont understand what you mean about the enclosure she has a live ficus tree that has alot of small branches that she crawls throughout it takes up alot space in her enclosure I will send puctures when we get hoke maybe you can give me some ideas to make it safe and comfortable...Hugs again to everyone who reached out and made me realize I we werent alone!! 😊

I agree with @jannb ..I would use the eye dropper and that way you can control where the drops are going (on the end of her nose...away from the stitches) and give her a bug so that while she's chewing you can DRIP water on her nose or into her mouth slowly so she gets hydration.
Shes good about drinking and eating from me i can drop water right above her nose and she will drip I think while shes recovering im going to keep her inside for now at least a couple of days not sure what she will be like aftwr this
I agree with @jannb ..I would use the eye dropper and that way you can control where the drops are going (on the end of her nose...away from the stitches) and give her a bug so that while she's chewing you can DRIP water on her nose or into her mouth slowly so she gets hydration.
Ok so we made it home. However the Vet said to put her in the small enclosure i have on its side so she isnt tempted to crawl all over with nothing in it. "NOTHING" is this correct shes going to be so stressed out shes been through so much these last two weeks now i have to leave her in an empty enclosure with nothing at all for the next 7 days??? That seems so unrealistic i dont eamt her to fall trying to crawl up the screen sides because of her sutures and the possibility of infection or getting her sutures caught im to leave her in her enclosure empty. Does anyone have any better suggestions. My hubby says listen to the doctor. I feel its just going to conpletely stress her out. 😫

On a positive note her beautiful colors have returned her eyes are bright again and she actually looks like she feels better. Im so grateful....

Great news! Happy to read this. You could place a towel or something soft on the bottom and so e branches with maybe a small plant where she could hide in.
I actually put a baby blanket over a roll log pillow bought a new toilet plunger dont laugh so its one smooth clean pole she can sit on to sleep she was all over the screen i was worried she would pull her sutures lil girl would not keep still she was doing acrobatics with legs on one side and her hands on the other side of the cage so i added the toilet plunger to a dish unter the blankets so she could sleep amd bask under the heat lamp and ahe settled right down her first night home she was so restless i wrapped her in a soft face cloth where she fell asleep after her meds and i snuck her back into the enclosure she slept there in the little towel all night 🌙 adoreable. Im so very very grateful Dr Macko Sangetta did a wonderful job with her! I would recommend Exotic Animal hospital the staff was very caring and Charlottes incision so meat and clean shes already looking 100 percent better. I will post new pictures tomorrow Charlottes on three differnt meds one IM for antibiotic every other day. one for gout allopurinol twice a day and tramadol suspension for pain...once daily I was so scared I would lose my lil girl Im just so thankful.....

Great news! Happy to read this. You could place a towel or something soft on the bottom and so e branches with maybe a small plant where she could hide in.
The vet said she needed to be in an empty cage due to her sutures she didnt want herbto get caught up on anything or anything rubbing or bacteria that could be on any of her plants so no plants for now just soft cuddly blanket made a little mountain with a log pillow under the blanket and covered the base of the plunger so only the soft wood pole was available for her to perch on she slept on it last night shes just to damn cute.

As @Sonny13 said...a towel is a good idea. I don't think a pothos plant would be a problem either. Where are the stitches...side? Bottom/underbelly?
There along her underbelly about two inches long so its pretty large but stitched very meat away from her white belly line to the side of that laterally.. i use a wash cloth to cover around her when giving her water to keep her sutures dry and covered

There along her underbelly about two inches long so its pretty large but stitched very meat away from her white belly line to the side of that laterally.. i use a wash cloth to cover around her when giving her water to keep her sutures dry and covered

Thought you might like to see this...

Thank you so much how interesting and unnerving waiting for her to wake up i would be worried constantly! I should have been a vet I just had to share this photo this is how smart my girl is she actually pulled the medicine right out of my hand as if to say ok mom thats enough of that and was holding her mouth extra tight so i couldnt hive her anymore and dripping it over her favorite wax worm didnt work either
20220808_110248.jpg

Attachments

• 20220808_110250.jpg
    20220808_110250.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 50
Thank you so much how interesting and unnerving waiting for her to wake up i would be worried constantly! I should have been a vet I just had to share this photo this is how smart my girl is she actually pulled the medicine right out of my hand as if to say ok mom thats enough of that and was holding her mouth extra tight so i couldnt hive her anymore and dripping it over her favorite wax worm didnt work eitherView attachment 327590
Yup she pulled that med right out of my hand i burst into tears at least shes feeling better. Let me just say its alot easier giving med to a little old lady! Well at least she feeling better and yes that is medicine on her face I promise to do better tomorrow

She´s looking really good again, especially for someone after such heavy surgery. And how I love her facial expression, it´s just something with their bright pervasive eyes.......:love:, typically veiled.

She´s looking really good again, especially for someone after such heavy surgery. And how I love her facial expression, it´s just something with their bright pervasive eyes.......:love:, typically veiled.
I just think shes amazing I have a special bond with her 💕 she really is a huge part of our family i must send an upload of her temporary living arrangement because of her sutures how often should i be offering water yesterday she didnt want to drink as much but about every three hours i take her out to give her fluids im so worried that she will not be hydrated enough! Yes she does look really good the Vet called yesterday to see how she was doing her poops havent returned to normal yet though she did poop a small pop with blood when she was at the vet so they got to witness it forsthand the vet said she believes it was from the amount of pressure the folkivles were putting on all her organs I hope thats the case...any ideas??

I just think shes amazing I have a special bond with her 💕 she really is a huge part of our family i must send an upload of her temporary living arrangement because of her sutures how often should i be offering water yesterday she didnt want to drink as much but about every three hours i take her out to give her fluids im so worried that she will not be hydrated enough! Yes she does look really good the Vet called yesterday to see how she was doing her poops havent returned to normal yet though she did poop a small pop with blood when she was at the vet so they got to witness it forsthand the vet said she believes it was from the amount of pressure the folkivles were putting on all her organs I hope thats the case...any ideas??
The bond we can get with them is amazing. Got 4 chams and with each individual I got my own special bond, however my veiled, stays the most special when it comes to ´social interaction´.

Yes she does look really good the Vet called yesterday to see how she was doing her poops havent returned to normal yet though she did poop a small pop with blood when she was at the vet so they got to witness it forsthand the vet said she believes it was from the amount of pressure the folkivles were putting on all her organs I hope thats the case...any ideas??
Don´t know, but the first poop have blood wan´t be unreasonable, it´s all fresh and the poop could be from the old badge, before surgery. If it stays with blood, then it will be alarming.

Back
Top Bottom