Is it really egg bound or constipation

I’ve only gone to Dr Bogoslavsky, so he’s the only one I can vouch for. I’ve heard that Dr Diaz is good with chameleons, but have no personal experience with him.
Well my girl is doing really bad today I cried sll day over her i did finally get in touch with dr diaz im bringing her back tomorrow at noon because friday is just too long to wait at this point her darkend colors and eyes sunken looking left me in dispair all day not being able to do anything to make her better she tried to poo and small amount off urates the the blood drop on the end does egg binding cause bleeding cause in my heart i still feel its empaction I called Dr Bruce they couldnt get her in till friday which at this point i dont have the time to wait due to her rapidly declining condition prey for her I hope they can fix her at this point ive never felt so helpless its horrible feeling Im a nurse and can fix humans but not my own pet ?

Any update? Surgery for tomorrow is still a go?
Well i called and got her a appt for tomoorow instead of waiting till friday i dont like how she looks at all she seems weakend to me not moving like her usually self all over and wanting to come out of her enclosure shes so dark and her eyes look sunken to me im so distraut over her condition ive done everything so perfectly how could this happen im beaten myself up for bringing her outside everyday believing now those hot days made her metabolism too high and egg production too large or the damn lizard she ate last week i just prey she will pull through surgery she looks so bloated and uncomforable in just two days shes deteriorated so fast im so worried its killing me

I´m really really sorry for you and know this terrible feeling and being helpless. I unfortunately lost a few weeks ago also my baby girl, 2 weeks after her laying eggs. She always looked healthy, ate, drank and normally acting and all the sudden I lost her within 24 hours. Terrible sight and couldn´t do anything except crying, because a vet intervention wasn´t possible anymore. She closed and retracted her eyes and started breathing visible, then got weaker by the minute. Why am I telling this, because sometimes it´s not within our controls, these things occur all sudden without us able to prevent it. Still both options are possible, yet I´ve seen veileds eating small lizards before.

I really hope she pulls through till surgery and through the surgery itself and that she isn´t already to weak for it. The signs aren´t looking that good and please prepare yourself for the worst, I´m really sorry to say this.

Keep strong 🙏 🍀

Last edited:
I’ll be praying for your sweet girl to make it thru. 🙏🙏🙏 She’ll be in good hands with either vet and they’ll do all they can for her.
Don’t beat yourself up. If eating lizards and the Florida heat were lethal, there wouldn’t be a thriving number of wild veileds in south Florida. Sometimes we can do everything right and our scaled ‘babies‘ still fall ill. Prayers for you too. 🙏🙏🙏 💗

I´m really really sorry for you and know this terrible feeling and being helpless. I unfortunately lost a few weeks ago also my baby girl, 2 weeks after her laying eggs. She always looked healthy, ate, drank and normally acting and all the sudden I lost her within 24 hours. Terrible sight and couldn´t do anything except crying, because a vet intervention wasn´t possible anymore. She closed and retracted her eyes and started breathing visible, then got weaker by the minute. Why am I telling this, because sometimes it´s not within our controls, these things occur all sudden without us able to prevent it. Still both options are possible, yet I´ve seen veileds eating small lizards before.

I really hope she pulls through till surgery and through the surgery itself and that she isn´t already to weak for it. The signs aren´t looking that good and please prepare yourself for the worst, I´m really sorry to say this.

Keep strong 🙏 🍀
Thats exactly what im feeling if she isnt strong enough and is she suffering why wouldnt the vet intevention be sooner like two weeks ago when the poop with blood started intead hurry up and wait till i can get you into my next empty surgery spot thats how im feeling especially whenni called three times the day before with no call back then again yesterday twice until i finally broke down into inaudiable tears on the phone when the asked me to leave another message for the vet to retun my call

Thats exactly what im feeling if she isnt strong enough and is she suffering why wouldnt the vet intevention be sooner like two weeks ago when the poop with blood started intead hurry up and wait till i can get you into my next empty surgery spot thats how im feeling especially whenni called three times the day before with no call back then again yesterday twice until i finally broke down into inaudiable tears on the phone when the asked me to leave another message for the vet to retun my call
Im so sorry about your girl how sad there has to be a better way to care for egg laying females my hubby says after seeing me crying these last days from now on boys only i wanted to slap him i cant imagine not having my sassy girl it broke my heart when she didnt meet me this morning on her branch waiting expectantly for me to open her door for her to comeout and greet me

Im so sorry about your girl how sad there has to be a better way to care for egg laying females my hubby says after seeing me crying these last days from now on boys only i wanted to slap him i cant imagine not having my sassy girl it broke my heart when she didnt meet me this morning on her branch waiting expectantly for me to open her door for her to comeout and greet me
Must of us doing it correctly and yet there´re still the rules of exception, just like humans. Lately, someone already came with the same question https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-prevent-egg-boundness.187655/
I´m still owning 2 females, 1 veiled and 1 parsons, just loves females their character and personality beats the males and the egg laying......well that´s just something to take for granted, because it has its beauty as well.

And I really agree with @MissSkittles compare to wild Florida veiled´s, sometimes we do everything right and still we loose them too young. Most important is that we´ve giving them the best life they could get, this is the only thing that comforts me, after my lost.

Last edited:
Terrible!! What a hell you´re being through........missed the part of her pooping blood already for 2 weeks. I really don´t get it, why they´re waiting soooo long!

Well my girl is doing really bad today I cried sll day over her i did finally get in touch with dr diaz im bringing her back tomorrow at noon because friday is just too long to wait at this point her darkend colors and eyes sunken looking left me in dispair all day not being able to do anything to make her better she tried to poo and small amount off urates the the blood drop on the end does egg binding cause bleeding cause in my heart i still feel its empaction I called Dr Bruce they couldnt get her in till friday which at this point i dont have the time to wait due to her rapidly declining condition prey for her I hope they can fix her at this point ive never felt so helpless its horrible feeling Im a nurse and can fix humans but not my own pet ?
Prayers for your sweet girl! 🙏

Prayers for your sweet girl! 🙏
Thank you so much I just got home from working Nightshift nurse with Advent and couldnt wait to get home to my girl shes so dark she almost looks black noon is so far away im desperate to get her back into the vet today Im praying he can save her shes such a huge part of my life i spend all my time with her she usually loves to come ❤️ to me every morning when i get home shes waiting for me on the top branch she sits and totally reacts to come to me and out of her inclosure today she just gave me the look that said mom I really dont feel good and the saddest look in her eyes i feel so depleted emotionally no one understands when you love a reptile in the way we do but i sure know my life wont be the same without her!

So im at vet office amd she reassured me charlotte is still strong enough for surgery she much more active in the docs office made me look like a big liar but im grateful im scared to death but surgery is the only option we have at this point so 9am tomorrow i have to bring her back
I’ve been thinking about you and your sweet girl all day. How did things go?
Youre so sweet thank you we are driving to surgery now but the doc said yesterdaybshe didnt remember me telling her about her not pooping normally and the blood "really doc " that was the whole reason for me bringing her here! I was floored Im not confidant but we dont have time now to wait to find another her bedside manner very cocky! Im hoping shes good and my baby will make it my heart ❤️ is dying with worry ive had a lump in my throat since i woke up today. I kissed her casque this morning telling her she will be ok. She keeps giving me that help me look at least thats what my heart tells me shes trying to day with her dark dull colors.....i will keep you updated she wikl stay with them over night while she recovers. Im setting up a smallier enclosure for her to come home too after surgery so her sutures dont get caught up on anything I hust adore her so much! Thank you again for your care and concern for us!

Back
Top Bottom