Is it possible for Chams to be tamed

Treecko

Ok, so everyday when I feed my chams, one seems to always run away from me... I've read some threads where people are like "My cham likes to chill on my lap and such while I do this or that" And I'm here wondering, How do I get to that point? I have 2 Vielded chams, both males. They are Approx 6 months according from the guy who I got them from. Seeing pics from other users, Im not quite sure if they are or not.. ANYWAYS, What are some tips that I can do to make my chams not seem so afraid?

Hand feeding would be a good way to let them get used to you. I have a WC panther I hand fed for a while, he doesn't mind me being around him anymore.

I tried hand feeding a couple times... they didn't buy it from me...every cham is different i suppose. lol I'm going to try again.

Good luck though

spend alot of time with them, start understanding what they like and dont. my one cham is super used to me and hell come hang with me when ever. i have a baby im working with but hell still chill on me in the same spot for 10+ minutes at a time. im a firm believer in handling them everyday. be patient and easy with them. ALWAYS come from below and dont grab them, lift up on them from below. Take a plant and put it by your cage let them get used to leaving the cage, once their outta the cage their usually chill. Also take him in the sunlight once hes outta the cage let him know when he leaves the cage good things happen.

spend alot of time with them, start understanding what they like and dont. my one cham is super used to me and hell come hang with me when ever. i have a baby im working with but hell still chill on me in the same spot for 10+ minutes at a time. im a firm believer in handling them everyday. be patient and easy with them. ALWAYS come from below and dont grab them, lift up on them from below. Take a plant and put it by your cage let them get used to leaving the cage, once their outta the cage their usually chill. Also take him in the sunlight once hes outta the cage let him know when he leaves the cage good things happen.

You're exactly right

It generally helps to hand feed so they have your trust but a lot of the time its a hit or miss OR it turns evil after it hits a certain age

Back
Top Bottom