Is it ok to switch out plants

Bubblestheousaletchameleo

Established Member
Hi I’m just wondering if it would be ok to move plants and replace them because I’m planning on doing it for one of my chameleons but I don’t want to stress them out so I want everyone’s opinion about it

Yep that's fine. Sometimes I'm able to rearrange or prune plants while my chameleon is in the enclosure. Other times I have to coax him out. I try to be quick about it. It might be somewhat stressful in the short term for some chams to have their territory change like that, but it's not chronic stress.

Yep that's fine. Sometimes I'm able to rearrange or prune plants while my chameleon is in the enclosure. Other times I have to coax him out. I try to be quick about it. It might be somewhat stressful in the short term for some chams to have their territory change like that, but it's not chronic stress.
Alright thank you!

After a while, a little change can be beneficial, i.e. "enrichment". New opportunities to explore & grow.
Reptiles can get bored too, so I try to "mix things up" a bit a few times a year. They usually spend the next week checking out the changes, and modifying their sinister plans for world domination accordingly. 😁

Back
Top Bottom