Is it ok to keep hornworms in enclosure?

Cameronjb

I'm going out of town tomorrow night and u was wondering if I could put a hornworm in there overnight so they have something to eat in the morning
Would this be ok?

That should be fine. Do you have a feeder cup to put the hornworm in? Use that, and put a bit of food in there for the hornworm so it doesn't crawl out and start looking for it's own lunch. Also, how old is your chameleon? If it's over a year you can just skip the day of feeding and they will be fine.

Also keep in mind if they dont have enough food, and you have a few worms, when you come back, you will have one big worm. Ive never heard of a horn worm attack lol. Oh the horns, the horns! its like a cow lick...

I would worry about it maybe biting your cham or eating all your live plants. Other than that its fine. Its a risk I wouldnt take but you can if you want

That should be fine. Do you have a feeder cup to put the hornworm in? Use that, and put a bit of food in there for the hornworm so it doesn't crawl out and start looking for it's own lunch. Also, how old is your chameleon? If it's over a year you can just skip the day of feeding and they will be fine.
Ty for the info he's like 8-9 months

Also keep in mind if they dont have enough food, and you have a few worms, when you come back, you will have one big worm. Ive never heard of a horn worm attack lol. Oh the horns, the horns! its like a cow lick...
It's like a horror movie lol

Back
Top Bottom