Is it ok to change your chameleons sleeping schedule

You can alter the lighting schedule a little bit as the seasons change, so ten hours day light and fourteen dark in winter and vice versa in summer but I never found this necessary with my chameleon and just stuck to twelve hours on and twelve hours off

Yes you can change if you really have to. Me personally, I would slowly move up to 8pm to8am. Like do 630 for a week then 7 a week or even two weeks then 730 and then8. Not sure if it makes any difference but it can't hurt to act as if your changing from winter to summer

Yes you can change if you really have to. Me personally, I would slowly move up to 8pm to8am. Like do 630 for a week then 7 a week or even two weeks then 730 and then8. Not sure if it makes any difference but it can't hurt to act as if your changing from winter to summer
That's what I was gonna suggest lol. Great minds think alike 😀.

You technically could go right into it. But depending on how long he's been going to bed at 6 he might fall asleep before the lights turn out. Which wouldn't be a horrible thing. But it might take him to adjust

You technically could go right into it. But depending on how long he's been going to bed at 6 he might fall asleep before the lights turn out. Which wouldn't be a horrible thing. But it might take him to adjust
No lie that's what I was about to say!LOL! 😂

Here’s him right now it’s seven and he’s awake lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 57
For 2 hours, I'm not sure if I would bother incrementing the change—I might just do it and get it over with. Adjustment shouldn't take more than a couple/few days.

Any window or exposure to natural sunlight could affect this.

Is the change absolutely necessary?

Back
Top Bottom