Is it ok he's not eating even though he's so young?

Haley0o0

I know when a new chameleon comes home for the first time, they won't eat because its a new environment. But Cosmo's a young boy, and he needs to grow. Is it ok for him to be growing but not eating right now because he's new here? And how long on average do you think it will be until he eats?

Is it ok for him to be growing but not eating right now because he's new here?
He can't grow without eating—conservation of mass.

Relocation stress is common, but generally doesn't last more than a couple/few days (though there are exceptions). Mine ate like a pig the day after he arrived. 🤷‍♂️

Some are also shy eaters (won't eat when anyone is around) so at first it's a good idea to keep track to figure out if he's eating or not.

Try to find out what he's been eating from wherever you got him, and continue with that at least until he's comfortable eating in his new digs, and then begin transitioning him to other feeders. Variety is best, and providing choices will help you figure out what he likes and what to use as staples (still providing some variety). ;)

Last edited:
I know when a new chameleon comes home for the first time, they won't eat because its a new environment. But Cosmo's a young boy, and he needs to grow. Is it ok for him to be growing but not eating right now because he's new here? And how long on average do you think it will be until he eats?
It’s ok as long as he starts eating within the week you get him, it’ll usually be a few days. My girl didn’t eat the first two days but she started eating a lot after that. He can’t grow if he’s not eating but it should only be a few days like I mentioned. How old is he? Would you like us to review your husbandry and make sure everything’s good? I agree with @Klyde O'Scope as well

Attachments

• F7DF0FD4-D9E6-413C-AD1F-7AF99DF40AC6.jpeg
    F7DF0FD4-D9E6-413C-AD1F-7AF99DF40AC6.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 79
  • EFAE5162-35F3-49D7-B8B7-C5C4FBC4FB89.jpeg
    EFAE5162-35F3-49D7-B8B7-C5C4FBC4FB89.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 78
Back
Top Bottom