Is it normal

FAIL

Is it normal for a 4-4.5 month old ambilobe blue bar cham to be dark, dark colors for most of the day and super bright at sleeping time? when i have everything set up properly? Anyone else experienced this? lance said he may still be acclimating for up to 2 weeks, and it's been 10 days...he eats and drinks and poops and everything fine, and fires up when i stick a probe thermometer in as well :p.

Yea, I think Id fire up to if u stuck a probe also...!!:rolleyes:;):p

Does he stay dark in the basking/UV range?? Or anywhere in the cage?

Mine darken up under the UV light and the basking also.

he gets very dark under the basking bulb and it's max 85-90 degrees and super dark under the uvb, but when he goes down low he gets a bit brighter. so is it normal or no?

he gets very dark under the basking bulb and it's max 85-90 degrees and super dark under the uvb, but when he goes down low he gets a bit brighter. so is it normal or no?

I would say hes just trying to absorb as much heat and UVs as he can while under those lights...........my females and Veileds got as dark as they could get when the sun comes up in the morning and stay that way until afternoon. then they lighten up.

Just monitor him...my lil 3 monthe has been with me over a week and is already comfy...hes blue when hes just chilling...but blueish with darker colors when hes basking or just waking up (since hes cold and trying to absorb heat)...when he sleeps hes bright as can be!

That sounds mighty hot for a panther. Shouldn't they be more on the 83-85 range?

Back
Top Bottom