Is it irony?

Syn

Avid Member
I've been AWOL for a while (I'm sure many of you are pleased with this :rolleyes:) because of school and soccer.

I'm still alive, unfortunately... :p Busy with my senior paper (finally OVER) and practicing last second for soccer tryouts.

Soccer. Oh soccer, how joyful you are, soccer.. I had tryouts Friday and today at 9am. Today was GateWay Community College.

Three hours of ow. Ow, ow. OUCH. Ow. Throwing myself around to keep the soccer ball from going in the net.
Three hours of "Oh crap, did I do that right? Who is looking at me?"
Three hours of ANXIETY AND TWITCHING wait what?

Well, at the end of practice the coach came and talked to me.

They have a spot open for me... but that's not the funny/ironic part.
Drum roll for the irony please..

This is their team mascot:
http://www.krazframe.com/images/87GWCCAthletics.jpg

Thanks Chad. :p I wonder if I'll get extra credit by bringing geckos into classes..

Congratulations! If that mascot isn't appropriate, then I don't know what is, totally fitting. Wishing you the best with soccer!

Thank you! I almost went off on gecko tangents forty or so times but kept my mouth shut.

Technically, I don't think that's irony. Kismet maybe, or just amusing. If a team you refused to join because it was "not you" had a chameleon as a mascot, that might be irony.

Alanis Morriett pretty well ruined the true definition of "irony" with her song about stuff that was anything but ironic yet was titled "Isn't it Ironic?"...now, people think rain on your wedding day is ironic when that would only be true if you'd moved your wedding from the place you really wanted to have it specifically to avoid the threat of rain (don't even get me started on "tragic" and "tragedy"!)

I think it's great that you're alive and back. Go get 'em!

Technically, I don't think that's irony. Kismet maybe, or just amusing. If a team you refused to join because it was "not you" had a chameleon as a mascot, that might be irony.

Alanis Morriett pretty well ruined the true definition of "irony" with her song about stuff that was anything but ironic yet was titled "Isn't it Ironic?"...now, people think rain on your wedding day is ironic when that would only be true if you'd moved your wedding from the place you really wanted to have it specifically to avoid the threat of rain (don't even get me started on "tragic" and "tragedy"!)

I think it's great that you're alive and back. Go get 'em!

I just watched the video on you tube last night. Song still jams.

Wait...........they offered you a spot as the mascot? or just as a player on the team?
Because that would be freaking hilarious if they wanted you as the gecko mascot!

Thank you very much. :) I've had a lot of luck with goalie this year and I'm really glad I've played.

Three hours of "Oh crap, did I do that right? Who is looking at me?"...

They wouldn't see you in a lizard suit, less anxiety. Apply for mascot? :)

Back
Top Bottom