is it bad if a bit of water gets on my light fixtures?

sarie

i got a mistking and set it up, it sprays but sometimes the top of the screen gets wet. is this a hazard?can someone explain how to fix this?

Aim the mist nozzles lower. You should be able to see the cone of spray as it leaves the nozzle. You need to aim it so that less/none hits the top screen.

Fortunately, most of the mist will be trapped by the screen, making the problem look/seem worse than it is.
Unfortunately, some mist may still be getting through.

You should be able to see/determine if any mist is getting to electrical contact points on your lights. If so, raising them slightly—along with lowering the aim of the nozzles—should help.

My plant light has an IP66 rating.
6Dust-tightNo ingress of dust; complete protection against contact (dust-tight). A vacuum must be applied. Test duration of up to 8 hours based on airflow.
6Powerful water jetsWater projected in powerful jets (12.5 mm (0.49 in)) against the enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effects.Test duration: 1 minute per square meter for at least 3 minutes
Water volume: 100 liters per minute (0.37 impgal/s) Pressure: 100 kPa (15 psi) at distance of 3 meters (9.8 ft)

That may be more difficult to find on T5 fixtures.

Back
Top Bottom