Is it an Egg?

I am not sure if this is how most females react or not, wait for someone with more experience with females to answer. I wouldn't take her out yet. You might want to try digging a few starter tunnels.

I took her out at 8:30 am to bask for until 11:30am and then I placed her back in the laying bin and dug a hole for her and she is just walking slowly around it and lets see what she does.

now its 3:14pm and she has been trying to get out for an hour now, should I keep her in there or should I take her out? I think she only gave 2 eggs or she dropping those eggs as soon as they develop?

If she had two eggs she likely has more, she may need multiple starter holes or sand mixed with soil.

If she had two eggs she likely has more, she may need multiple starter holes or sand mixed with soil.

I already mixed the sand with soil and I have made 2 holes for her and she just keeps covering them up and she just seems like she is reaching up to get out now and her color always changes when she in it to very light brown or pale white brown but when she is out of the laying bin to the plant, she starts to give black tone color like she is gravity.

Hmmm, anyone else have any ideas? I am out sadly. I am not sure whether you should keep doing what you are doing or try something different. So sorry .____.

I already mixed the sand with soil and I have made 2 holes for her and she just keeps covering them up and she just seems like she is reaching up to get out now and her color always changes when she in it to very light brown or pale white brown but when she is out of the laying bin to the plant, she starts to give black tone color like she is gravity.
I found the width and length seems to work better. They will dig very long tunnels and test holes. a 5-gallon bucket is not big enough I find for them. It's not the so much the depth as the length and width. That's just what I've noticed with mine. And it can take up to a day or two she won't come out of the hole for a while sometimes just listen for the scraping.

I found the width and length seems to work better. They will dig very long tunnels and test holes. a 5-gallon bucket is not big enough I find for them. It's not the so much the depth as the length and width. That's just what I've noticed with mine. And it can take up to a day or two she won't come out of the hole for a while sometimes just listen for the scraping.
18 - 20 inches indep is what I use.

I've had females lay them in plants. I've had them just lay them on newspaper. But then I also had one that were picky. I'm going to show you a picture of the container that I use. You just need to keep it up change it to where she likes I find them The Wider they are the better. if it's a picky one.

Attachments

• 20160820_165609.jpg
    1,011.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 20161019_210208.jpg
    1,018 KB · Views: 152
My most recent one I had to change the tray 4 times until she found one she liked. Just make sure that sand to soil is a good ratio with moisture

Yay for animals that obviously aren't meant for laying in captivity <3 we really love are complicated babies far too much XD

The most common sign from my reading is her gravid colors. That's how everyone can tell that it's time to lay. If she's staying dark she needs to, maybe try different bins until she finds one she likes.

I've had females lay them in plants. I've had them just lay them on newspaper. But then I also had one that were picky. I'm going to show you a picture of the container that I use. You just need to keep it up change it to where she likes I find them The Wider they are the better. if it's a picky one.

Wow your bin is not that deep, okay I am going to try different bin

Back
Top Bottom