Is her poop okay?

JoruD

Hi everyone, I’ve been checking more and more on my chameleon’s poop and I’ve noticed strange poops, like watery and very smelly, I don’t know how normal it is so I reach to all of you. She’s been eating mealworms and crickets lately but the first runny poop that she made was before giving her worms.

Here’s a photo

Attachments

• 7636C07D-4DC2-4264-AEB8-D7E8E5B64A00.jpeg
    7636C07D-4DC2-4264-AEB8-D7E8E5B64A00.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 14A8B33B-352D-4FE7-8B04-6C24C7C7F454.jpeg
    14A8B33B-352D-4FE7-8B04-6C24C7C7F454.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 66
Hi everyone, I’ve been checking more and more on my chameleon’s poop and I’ve noticed strange poops, like watery and very smelly, I don’t know how normal it is so I reach to all of you. She’s been eating mealworms and crickets lately but the first runny poop that she made was before giving her worms.

Here’s a photo
Hey there. So really strong odor is a sign to get a fresh fecal sample tested at the vet. Just the fecal portion not the white urate. This can be a sign of parasites. I am also seeing a bit of mucous there as well so again if this is what her fecals are looking and smelling like then a test would be best to rule out parasite issues.
I would drop the mealworms. They are not the best feeder.

Hey there. So really strong odor is a sign to get a fresh fecal sample tested at the vet. Just the fecal portion not the white urate. This can be a sign of parasites. I am also seeing a bit of mucous there as well so again if this is what her fecals are looking and smelling like then a test would be best to rule out parasite issues.
I would drop the mealworms. They are not the best feeder.
Thanks again, should I then disinfect all the terrarium and things inside?

Thanks again, should I then disinfect all the terrarium and things inside?
Not until you know if it is a parasite issue and if it is what the parasite is... They are not all created equally and they have different cleaning needs along with medication needs.

Not until you know if it is a parasite issue and if it is what the parasite is... They are not all created equally and they have different cleaning needs along with medication needs.
Can supers give them parasites or just crickets?

Can supers give them parasites or just crickets?
I dunno specifically. I am overly cautious buying my feeders. It is why I will not buy from a mom and pop or big box store. For example if a store puts in insects whatever the type with a reptile. Then the reptile sells so they toss those feeders back into their bins with others. If that reptile had parasites and the insects were crawling through the fecal matter there is potential for the oocysts (eggs) of the parasites to get on the insects which by tossing the feeders back in the bin could then cause contamination to the bin.

So I do not mess with situations where this could happen.

I know crickets can carry pinworms etc... Not sure about other feeders. I know dubia are normally really safe unless there has been a contamination like what I talk about above.

But that is about the extent of my knowledge in this area. I personally avoid super worms. Too many issues of cham addiction and refusing other feeders.

I dunno specifically. I am overly cautious buying my feeders. It is why I will not buy from a mom and pop or big box store. For example if a store puts in insects whatever the type with a reptile. Then the reptile sells so they toss those feeders back into their bins with others. If that reptile had parasites and the insects were crawling through the fecal matter there is potential for the oocysts (eggs) of the parasites to get on the insects which by tossing the feeders back in the bin could then cause contamination to the bin.

So I do not mess with situations where this could happen.

I know crickets can carry pinworms etc... Not sure about other feeders. I know dubia are normally really safe unless there has been a contamination like what I talk about above.

But that is about the extent of my knowledge in this area. I personally avoid super worms. Too many issues of cham addiction and refusing other feeders.
Ok ty

Back
Top Bottom