Is he too skinny?

Bubby

I have a 3 or older or younger month old Veiled Chameleon. He eats SO MUCH. He can eat about more than 25 crickets a day! But, he always looks so skinny, like when he goes from branch to branch I can see his ribs clearly. I just want to know why he looks so skinny to me, even though he eats a lot?

Its normal to see their ribs when they are on the move or stretched out.

A picture would be helpful to say for sure, but he is probably just fine with that type of food intake.

here is him stretching or going to a branch

Attachments

• IMG_2514.jpg
    IMG_2514.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 122
Sorry, but this is the picture of him basking/chilling

Attachments

• IMG_2525.jpg
    IMG_2525.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 76
He looks a little on the skinny side, but nothing to worry about.

Are you feeding him any other feeders other than crickets?

Superworms and waxworms in moderation could put a little more meat on his bones. Also, make sure your bugs have a belly full of recently fed veggies to ensure proper nutrition.

Silkworms, dubia roaches, hornworms, snails, and flies are all great feeders to use as well.

I just get them from a shop close to me and they already are gut loaded. And i havnt been feeding him anything else than crickets because i dont know any other place to get them besides online.

Don't trust them to be correctly gut loaded. Gut load them yourself to insure they are getting the right nutrition. Make sure you are giving him his vitamins as well. I got off the crickets and went to Dubia Roaches and Superworms.

Back
Top Bottom