Is he happy?!?

I have two baby Panther chameleons a male and a female. The female is 4 months the male is 2 months. The male is about half the size but he always seems to be black or dark brown unless he gets mad then he turns to his Grayish blue color. He is eating well although he doesn't eat out of a cup so I have to free range. Also he is drinking well. His basking spot is 82 and he has a 5.0 UVB going across the top. I must him 2-3 times a day for about 1 minute. Is it normal am I just over reacting or is this something hinting he could be stressed. I've only had him for about a week.

Is he in his basking spot when he's black/dark brown?

If so, he's probably just absorbing heat. ;)

I have two baby Panther chameleons a male and a female. The female is 4 months the male is 2 months. The male is about half the size but he always seems to be black or dark brown unless he gets mad then he turns to his Grayish blue color. He is eating well although he doesn't eat out of a cup so I have to free range. Also he is drinking well. His basking spot is 82 and he has a 5.0 UVB going across the top. I must him 2-3 times a day for about 1 minute. Is it normal am I just over reacting or is this something hinting he could be stressed. I've only had him for about a week.

Are the two chameleons in the same cage or separate cages?

If they aren't in separate cages, they should be. If so, then I chalk it up to you've only had him a week and he is working on settling into his new home. Keeping in mind that every chameleon is different so it may take him a little longer to get used to his new home.

Are the two chameleons in the same cage or separate cages?

If they aren't in separate cages, they should be. If so, then I chalk it up to you've only had him a week and he is working on settling into his new home. Keeping in mind that every chameleon is different so it may take him a little longer to get used to his new home.

Yes they are in separate cages. He turns like his "big boy colors" when he is upset. I'll attach a picture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 189
Everything I've seen says keep the temps in low 80s. My room is typically very warm due to the heat lamps I have going all day. His basking spot is 82-83 ambient is mid to high 70s

Although my chams arent in the same cage they are right next to each other... I put a towel in between them and now he is walking all over the place. It seems to have helped. He also isn't as dark. I noticed him sticking to the far side of the cage usually behind a leaf. I could easily still see him but he was putting himself out of sight of the Juliet. I hope that the towel will fix it so far it seems to have done the trick but it's only been 30 minutes so we'll see

OMG Ive never seen him this pretty before!! I garuntee now that it was the fact he could still see the Juliet and it was stressing him out!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 161
Glad to see you got it sorted!! I am happy he is happy again!

I have two chameleons in cages side by side and I use a shower curtain and wrap it around 3 sides of the cage.... not only does it block their view, it helps with humidity to!

Good luck with your little one, sounds like he is very loved!

There you go-- I put a dark cloth but somehow it slipped halfway one day and my panther was darker for sure, my Veiled didn't seem to mind him I guess hes much smaller.

Man, they take a while to grow-- he'll be this tiny for a while, months until they get a little bigger. I think its good that they grow slowly.

My Veiled when I got him was small, and took a while for him to a get a little bigger, then in 4 weeks he was much much bigger, noticeably bigger, i fed him very well.

Feed the little guy really with no limits. You want to feed them well when they are young. It is limited to 10-15 for the little guys or several times a day vs. adult which is every other day.

Thanks all so much guys!! Also I work at a pet store 5-6 days a week after school so he gets plenty of food when I get home just one problem is lights go off at 7 because of my timer. Can I change this from 7 am to maybe like 8 or 8:15 will it stress or mess up his schedule? I assume it would be much of a problem but wanted to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom