Is he alive or not ? Baby panther chameleon

Cameleon987

Hello,
I need advice please.
2 days now that my baby chameleon is at this state. Is he alive or not.
He do not move. Do I need to wait ? How many Time ?
thank you for your help .

Attachments

• received_2357039737910376.jpeg
    received_2357039737910376.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 184
In most cases when a baby is rescued out of the egg they do not survive. This picture is not very clear/it is blurry! It would help if it was a crisply focused picture. The baby does look moist so should be fine if it is still alive. You want to keep the humidity up, so leave the lid on. They can take quite a few days from when they pip to come out.

For comparison, this is the star pattern one would expect to see on the end of the egg.View attachment 236326

Oh man these guys are adorable!

A lot of people seem to think the babies need help. I assume this comes from the python ideology of cutting the eggs or what but from a small amount of reading, chams do not need help and its actually better for them to do this alone.

Thanks
Josh

As Matt said I wouldn't do anything other than wait, don't touch no matter how tempting.

In most cases when a baby is rescued out of the egg they do not survive. This picture is not very clear/it is blurry! It would help if it was a crisply focused picture. The baby does look moist so should be fine if it is still alive. You want to keep the humidity up, so leave the lid on. They can take quite a few days from when they pip to come out.

Back
Top Bottom