Is having 100% humidity bad for a chameleon (does age matter)

rpesner200

i have a repti fogger and it seems to get the cage to 100% humidity even on the lowest....is that ok or should i work it out so the humidity is lower?

Too much humidity can lead to URI. What type of cham do you have? And where are you from? I ask this because if you live in an area with humidity levels already relatively high then you don't need the fogger. But, I would just get rid of the fogger and switch to manual or automatic misting.

Yea you definitely need to lower the humidity levels to around 40-60%, and want to aim for levels around 80% after misting.

i do mist his cage but it only stays at around 70% for 10 mins then it goes to 40%....without the fogger i cant get it up past 70% for an extended peroide of time.

i do mist his cage but it only stays at around 70% for 10 mins then it goes to 40%....without the fogger i cant get it up past 70% for an extended peroide of time.

Where is your hygrometer located? If it is at the top, the basking light is drying up the air a lot faster. It should be placed somewhere in the middle of the cage. Where is your cage located and is it close to an air vent?

the fogger tube is at the top on the other side of the basking light. i have positioned it so only about half of the moisture coming out enters the cage....the humidity during the day should be at a constant 70-80 now and i turn it off during the night and it goes down to about 40 or 50....is this good?

Back
Top Bottom