is glass enclosure safe for my veiled chameleon

ChillinChamo

so i keep seeing that a glass enclosure will make my veiled chameleon sick or could kill him and this is making me very nervous plz someone help me

It depends on so many things.

What is the average humidity in your house?

How are you measuring that? (Digital or analog guage)

What type of ventilation does that glass enclosure have?

I would post pictures of the ENTIRE enclosure; lights down to the base and maybe even fill out the care/help questionnaire.

With zero details it will be hard to give any good advice.

so i keep seeing that a glass enclosure will make my veiled chameleon sick or could kill him and this is making me very nervous plz someone help me
Any chance you can upload pictures of your enclosure? That would really help with the assessment.

When I first started keeping chameleons in the 80's there was nothing available but aquariums to keep them in. I figured it out though...if you set them up so there was airflow (chimney effect), it seemed that they were ok in the aquariums....but I wouldn't recommend them now with all the other options available.

I moved to various other cages after that...all screen, ones with screen lids and doors, all glass with vents in the front in the bottom and screen lids. I stayed with the ones with the last ones....because I live in Canada and it gets cold in the winter and dry in the house.

Proper placement of the lights and the vents allow for airflow and you can set up misting etc so it works well too.

Bill has done a great job of explaining caging here...
https://chameleonacademy.com/glass-chameleon-cages/

Sorry I didn't reply until this morning.

Back
Top Bottom