Is coco peat ok for a lay bin?

tarrynh011

Hi all,
I've searched this forum and can't seam to find any mention of coco peat, there is mention of coco fiber and coco husk but nothing about coco peat.
My female veiled cham seams to be spending alot of time at the bottom of her enclosure she dose move around all over the enclosure but I definitely see her investigating the bottom quite a bit. I dont think she's ready to lay as she is still quite small (not sure of age) but I want to be ready for her if she is wanting to lay eggs. I see top soild and sand seams to be the popular choice. However was just curious about the coco peat. If this coco peat is not a good option for a lay bin, would i be able to use it on a foam vivarium wall backround?
Thanks

Attachments

• 20201128_063613.jpg
    20201128_063613.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 20201128_064927.jpg
    20201128_064927.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 74
Hi. I’m afraid coco peat or coir isn’t suitable for use in lay bins. It’s too soft and isn’t able to form a tunnel that won’t collapse and bury your girl. Play sand and/or organic soil is best for lay bins.
Yes, if you are creating a foamed background you can apply coco coir to it.

Hi. I’m afraid coco peat or coir isn’t suitable for use in lay bins. It’s too soft and isn’t able to form a tunnel that won’t collapse and bury your girl. Play sand and/or organic soil is best for lay bins.
Yes, if you are creating a foamed background you can apply coco coir to it.
Thanks MissSkittles
Hope you have a great day

Back
Top Bottom