Is blues belly full?

Matt the man

Hey guys so I changed up blues cage with a big fresh moist pot of soil and new plant to see if she will start to dig and nothing yet? She still is pretty active but I have noticed that her appetite has deff went down! She’s still feeding but not as much as she was befor? I pre dug 1 small hole in the soil to see if that will interest her and still nothing yet! I can deff notice that her belly is full and can feel eggs when I gently message her stomach area. I keep her cage completely covered for 100% privacy! Any idea on the time period I should wait to see if she lays her eggs on her own befor making a vet appointment? Please any information is appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 121
Bottom half only, no reason for a vet until you notice signs of distress. If you know your husbandry is correct, she will do the rest.

For future reference, NEVER change a females viv when gravid, especially late gravid.

Where is her basking spot? Doesn’t look like she can’t get any where close enough to the lights.

I always use washed playsand (produced by Kings in a white bag with red, white and blue toys on it) for the lay bin...but I hesitate to tell you to change it now since I don't want you to disturb her.

How long ago was she last with the male....or even better...when did she start repelling the male and showing dark dark background colours with very bright spots like this picture??
https://www.chameleonforums.com/dat...9bd9faa6b33fd9f62349e50cb8e80c.jpg?1569453781

I always use washed playsand (produced by Kings in a white bag with red, white and blue toys on it) for the lay bin...but I hesitate to tell you to change it now since I don't want you to disturb her.

How long ago was she last with the male....or even better...when did she start repelling the male and showing dark dark background colours with very bright spots like this picture??
https://www.chameleonforums.com/dat...9bd9faa6b33fd9f62349e50cb8e80c.jpg?1569453781
I’d say she started to repel the male about 2-3 weeks ago! Even the smallest glimpse of him and she’s instantly turns gravid towards him!

Her basking spot is directly under the light! Picture wasn’t good enough but she will sit there for hours soaking up the heat! Temperature at her basking location usually is in the high 70”s to low 80”s. And I’d say about 7 to 8 inches from the light

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 117
So that would mean she's between14 to 21 days gravid...of that's for sure...so she still has a bit of time to go.

Back
Top Bottom