Is anything wrong with my chameleon?

Halogen bulbs work similar to a spot light though the beam cover more distances and not so fixed on one small area. Do you know if they touches the bulb, andee?

Ryker had aged to 12 months by then, he stopped screen climbing once he reached 8-9 months of age. With the halogen he was the normal suggested 6-8 inches away. He burned himself from trying to warm up. The thing is he had a heavily planted cage but there was not shade in the upper regions where he would bask (which is how most keeper keep their chameleons) I no longer keep my chameleons like that. I provide partial shade in the upper basking areas within inches of a small sliver of full basking light. But go a an inch or so lower and it's mostly partial to full shade. My chameleons have completely nature replicated cages.

If Janet hadn't mentioned it I would have, veileds are found in more mountainous regions (usually) and therefore it's more temperate and covered in shade/trees compared to the hotter regions of Saudi arabia. The real thing is, basking out the general temperature is different than a basking zone in a cage. We usually don't have 90 degree ambient temps in a house/cage, while outside they easily can warm up enough with basking and a correct ambient temperature and will move quicker. With a single basking light trying to warm things they will burn quicker.

Well Andee, that makes more sense ty for the response and the patience. From the videos is did seem like they were basking behind covers of leaves which I definitely noticed but I was not gonna base it off of a couple YouTube videos that I know no back story to. So ty for the clarification.

Ryker had aged to 12 months by then, he stopped screen climbing once he reached 8-9 months of age. With the halogen he was the normal suggested 6-8 inches away. He burned himself from trying to warm up. The thing is he had a heavily planted cage but there was not shade in the upper regions where he would bask (which is how most keeper keep their chameleons) I no longer keep my chameleons like that. I provide partial shade in the upper basking areas within inches of a small sliver of full basking light. But go a an inch or so lower and it's mostly partial to full shade. My chameleons have completely nature replicated cages.

If Janet hadn't mentioned it I would have, veileds are found in more mountainous regions (usually) and therefore it's more temperate and covered in shade/trees compared to the hotter regions of Saudi arabia. The real thing is, basking out the general temperature is different than a basking zone in a cage. We usually don't have 90 degree ambient temps in a house/cage, while outside they easily can warm up enough with basking and a correct ambient temperature and will move quicker. With a single basking light trying to warm things they will burn quicker.

I'm at school most of the day, and can't be there to mist long, would you say this is a adequate option for providing water of my chameleon??
http://www.ebay.com/itm/biobubble-b...tain-green-4in-x-3-75in-x-10-5in/112244663288

well. you first need to start calling 'it', 'him' but otherwise hes pretty healthy, change that humidity and basking spot

Waterfalls arnt recommended because they build bacteria. Most keepers use an automatic misting system or a dripper system along with hand misting. But you will need to figure out drainage for the excess water.
They've got filters, also, I'd like to know If I refilled the waterfall daily and cleaned it weekly do you think I could use it?

Quite frankly the mist king seems way too expensive, and while I do want the best for my chameleon, I can't do it broke.
Here's a picture of my chameleon with all the temp, humidity and water scheduling changes.

Attachments

• IMG_2349.JPG
    IMG_2349.JPG
    365.3 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_2350.JPG
    IMG_2350.JPG
    276.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2351.JPG
    IMG_2351.JPG
    274.8 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2352.JPG
    IMG_2352.JPG
    377.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2353.JPG
    IMG_2353.JPG
    334.7 KB · Views: 113
There is multiple other reasons for having a mister other than hydration and humidity. The issue is, chameleons tend to poop in waterfalls, crickets and other feeders fall and die in them. They would need to be cleaned at least ever other day. With a Mistking I have yet to need to replace mine, and mine is almost 4 years old now. It doesn't need to happen immediately, but saving up $20 dollars every other week for 4 months will get you $160 dollars. Honestly saving enough money doesn't require a lot of money at once.

There is multiple other reasons for having a mister other than hydration and humidity. The issue is, chameleons tend to poop in waterfalls, crickets and other feeders fall and die in them. They would need to be cleaned at least ever other day. With a Mistking I have yet to need to replace mine, and mine is almost 4 years old now. It doesn't need to happen immediately, but saving up $20 dollars every other week for 4 months will get you $160 dollars. Honestly saving enough money doesn't require a lot of money at once.

Thanks for helping me get the point of really why a waterfall couldn't work. But when comparing the Mistking to other simlar products I find the mistking is prices higher compared to other products like ReptiRain.
(https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Auto...3437521&sr=8-2&keywords=reptile+mister+system)

Do you have preference between these two systems? Is there any key differences that should be noted before purchasing that I may be unaware of?

Thank you all, this has been much more helpful than the care guides out there.

Ah yes reptirain, I thought it looked great too, that was until I went through 3 in a year. The great thing about Mistking or Climist is they can run dry and the resviore that you attach them to can be anything from a 5 gallon food safe painters bucket (which is what I use) or some I know use 20 gallon buckets or something close depending on how many chameleons and what types they are misting. I have never been sad about paying the extra for the Mistking. In the beginning I too was a bit skeptical but then I got it and was like "omg... so worth". The Climist is supposedly a similar system and does just as good I think? And I think it costs 40 or so dollars less.

On another note, do not use Reptivite everyday. It is a multivitamin and you can cause harm by doing so. Two or three times a month is sufficient. Also, plain calcium no d3 at every or most feedings. You can overdose on that also. They get d3 from their uvb bulb. Also, vary diet more, as mealworms are not enough. I would go with superworms over mealworms.

On another note, do not use Reptivite everyday. It is a multivitamin and you can cause harm by doing so. Two or three times a month is sufficient. Also, plain calcium no d3 at every or most feedings. You can overdose on that also. They get d3 from their uvb bulb. Also, vary diet more, as mealworms are not enough. I would go with superworms over mealworms.
Yes, thanks for the advice, I've now done that.

If I feed calcium with D3, should I only feed calcium with D3 two times a month?

Thanks for helping me get the point of really why a waterfall couldn't work. But when comparing the Mistking to other simlar products I find the mistking is prices higher compared to other products like ReptiRain.
(https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Auto...3437521&sr=8-2&keywords=reptile+mister+system)

Do you have preference between these two systems? Is there any key differences that should be noted before purchasing that I may be unaware of?

Thank you all, this has been much more helpful than the care guides out there.

When a "cheaper" mister runs dry, they break and are not fixable. I've accidentally run my MistKing pumps dry for hours, sometimes overnight, and they are just fine. You will let the reservoir run dry no matter how careful you are. Most people who buy the cheaper units replace them with a good one like a MistKing. The difference in price is not that much, especially since you will likely be throwing out the cheap one within a year.

I have three MistKings and a Aquazamp and all have run dry for hours at a time. All work perfectly. I don't think AquaZamp is in business anymore. I believe Climist is just about the same as a MistKing.

When buying a MistKing starter system, I suggest you buy extra tubing, a tube cutter (unless it is also included in the package), and an extra nozzle.

Should I be alarmed by this new development or is it normal shedding.

Attachments

• IMG_2358.JPG
    IMG_2358.JPG
    244.9 KB · Views: 114
Honestly i might off saying this as i'm no expert on burns, but it could be that if you haven't seen shed. Normally if they shed it is all over the place like a snowstorm.

Back
Top Bottom