Is a Money Tree Toxic?

simple0936

I have a small flap neck and I printed out the live plant page and went around to 7 places today... 7! None of the places had any plants on the list that would fit in my cage (2' tall screen cage) Is a Money Tree ok to use?
Can I order a small ficus online anywhere for a reasonable price?

Thanks

Last edited:
yes, lucky bamboo / prosperity plant. You can get a ficus from home depot or lowes, should be around 20-30 bucks.

lowes around here was having a sale so i bought a 1.5meter croton pland and it was 4 bucks and my cham loves it.

ive also found the recommended plants at home depot.... i know its hard to find a smaller sized plant :) or you could get a gigantic cage, haha, jk. did you go to a nursery or landscaping place? maybe a local farm might have something??

ya i might have to step it up in the cage dept... have any of you guys/gals ever gotten seeds and grown your own plants? how'd that work out? how long did it take?
(FYI - I went to 2 home depots, 1 Lowes, 2 Ace Hardwares, target and a walmart) I am going to check some local places but they were closed when I called tonight..

thats funny, i have seen two types of this "lucky bamboo" and "money tree"

one literally looks like bamboo and grows in a shoot form.

and the other one almost looks kinda like a fig/ficus style tree, and the trunks are usually woaven to look braided.

thats funny, i have seen two types of this "lucky bamboo" and "money tree"

one literally looks like bamboo and grows in a shoot form.

and the other one almost looks kinda like a fig/ficus style tree, and the trunks are usually woaven to look braided.

Both are toxic.

-Brad

LOL, damn i didn't deny that it was poisonous i was lookin for clarification.

too bad so many plants have toxins such as these.

toxic?

they cant be very toxic my cham is very healthy and i have seem him taking bites out of his money tree many times for a while now

Most common plants are toxic
because they're resistant to insect predation

I've spent major time locating and developing a good plant for our interests
the website sill be up soon

until then I think the best thing is a hibiscus.

I would think you have already gotten your tree, but you can order online ficus benjamina of different sizes from chameleonsonly.com

You know when I first looked for a plant I went to 5 diffrent stores, nobody had any of the commonly reccomended plants but then when I went back a few weeks later every store was stocked with them! Maybe check again, or call around, a nursery might be able to order something for you.

Back
Top Bottom