is a 4 month old veiled ready for auto mist?

Fate X

i connected a mist nozzle to fireball's cage it is on 7 x a day for 4 mn. at a time. will it kill her? since shes only about 4 months.
i was thinking it most likely won't kill her.
i might be wrong though.

Howdy,

If your misting system is setup properly for babies and your enclosure is correct too then you should not have a problem. My baby panthers start out with automated misting of 20 minutes twice a day from the very first day out of the shell. My baby enclosure mist nozzles and pressures insure that they are not pounded by the misted water. The dwarf schefflera plants offer plenty of nice leaves and stems to hang onto and drink drips from too.

P.S. I've been very happy with those dwarf schefflera plants for babies!

Sleepy-time at the Panther Hotel
TripleBunkBeds.jpg

Last edited:
her setup is a 2x2x4 aluminum cage with 3 schefflera ,full foliage coverage ,dripper,uvb lights,basking light i put the mist nozzle on the top middle of the cage it seems ok i was thinking of putting it just outside the cage aimed towards the inside .

what kind of panthers are those?

...i was thinking of putting it just outside the cage aimed towards the inside .

what kind of panthers are those?
Howdy,

Yep. Putting the nozzle on top should work. Try various heights form zero to several inches away and see which works best for your setup.

I'm still trying to find out what locale the father and mother were from. He was WC and only in the country about a couple of weeks. The keeper said he was healthy and literally dropped dead overnight (I did a necropsy.) The mother had been a long-time resident of the store keepers before he had me take her to lay the eggs in my egg-laying setup. Since then I had been incubating and hatching and raising the critters for that store owner and the other guy, the WC male keeper. My recollection is that the mother was Sambava but that the father might not be...:confused:. The last egg hatched last weekend after 376 days of incubation. The first one hatched at 270 days. There were hatchings spread-out over that entire time.

Back
Top Bottom