Introductions

I’m Gloria! I am an art teacher in southern Missouri. Here is a photo of me and my dog Camile (full name Chameleon) and me with some baby ducks our FFA kiddos hatched last week!

Attachments

• IMG_1350.jpeg
    IMG_1350.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1352.jpeg
    IMG_1352.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 2
I’m Gloria! I am an art teacher in southern Missouri. Here is a photo of me and my dog Camile (full name Chameleon) and me with some baby ducks our FFA kiddos hatched last week!
DUCKIESSSSSSS omg. I feel like I should have been raised on a farm with baby animals. They are sooooo cute. Is Camile a doxie?

Have you had good results with them @MissSkittles!? I’ve been doing some light research to see if they would be a good option but I hadn’t made a decision yet.
Yes, I have for the most part. They don’t fly or climb very well, so I keep them in a plastic bin in the garage. They like it hot to breed. I keep them bioactively on a couple of inches of organic soil mix with dwarf white isopods and springtails. They have bred better for me this way, so I assume they like it. I’ve had my colony for about 4 years. There’s been a couple of times that my colony has grown too big, so I’ve sold some off. Right now some of the older ones have died off and it was expected, so I had bought some to replace them to add some different genes. I have had some escapees (due to my fault) and they have not infested my home. Every month or two I remove the adults to sift out the nymphs, which I keep in a separate bin.

Yes, I have for the most part. They don’t fly or climb very well, so I keep them in a plastic bin in the garage. They like it hot to breed. I keep them bioactively on a couple of inches of organic soil mix with dwarf white isopods and springtails. They have bred better for me this way, so I assume they like it. I’ve had my colony for about 4 years. There’s been a couple of times that my colony has grown too big, so I’ve sold some off. Right now some of the older ones have died off and it was expected, so I had bought some to replace them to add some different genes. I have had some escapees (due to my fault) and they have not infested my home. Every month or two I remove the adults to sift out the nymphs, which I keep in a separate bin.
Fantastic news. I hadn’t found any good detailed information on how their nutrition compares, so I was hesitant. I think we’ll give them a try!

Fantastic news. I hadn’t found any good detailed information on how their nutrition compares, so I was hesitant. I think we’ll give them a try!
It was after a good chameleon vet told me that roaches and silkworms are the most nutritious feeders that I put aside the ickiness and started a colony.

• Haha
Reactions: M&M
Let’s do this again and now with my real name (@Beman & @MissSkittles 😅)

I’m Sonny (alter ego name) aka Mark from the 🇳🇱, one of the only active Dutchies over here.

My crew and way of keeping (free-range) of pretty known so far and I love this community. Without I wouldn’t have come this far and probably Bella would have become eggbound etc.

Except chameleons, my hobbies are extreme sports and love the mountains and snow.

Me and Bella enjoying each other

IMG_1190.jpeg
e5e75a86-4e48-4752-8850-a8a24d068f81.jpeg

I’ll restart it.
I’m still Vikki, still in Florida, still a gen Xer and still have more animals than sense. I don’t still have my long hair - cut it off again to donate. Looks stupid short so enjoy a selfie of when it was long.
View attachment 354351
My daughter has donated her hair too. It’s always a shock when it comes time for her to cut it off. Do you donate it for wigs for cancer people?

Love the dog and the baby ducks! Had a wild duck build its nest in my back yard a couple of years ago. The mom didn’t think it through though…no way to walk her babies to water since my yard was fenced…so I left the gate open for her.

What age do you teach art to? Any particular type of art?

My daughter has donated her hair too. It’s always a shock when it comes time for her to cut it off. Do you donate it for wigs for cancer people?
The first time I donated, my hair still had some color in it and I’ve got a good amount of grey. Most places won’t take either. https://childrenwithhairloss.org/ Will accept it and they sell it to help offset their costs of providing wigs for kids. I figure if I’m going to cut it off, having a purpose stops me from chickening out and it’s always good to help others.

Back
Top Bottom