Introduction

Hi, I am new to this website. I do not have a chameleon yet but, I desperately want one. I am starting my research early (a few years early). So, I can have a great deal amount of knowledge before I get one. I really want a veiled chameleon, because they amaze me. Though right now I have a fish tank set up that has been running for 2 almost 3 years! I know very little about chameleons and want to know as much as physically possible.

Welcome! It’s great that you are doing research before getting a Cham. See the “resources tab” for lots of info and be sure to visit the channel below:

Hi and welcome! I love that you’re wanting to learn before getting your chameleon! 🥰 Reading all of the posts here at the forum and asking questions is very helpful to learning. There is a wealth of info in the archives that can be searched for. There is a ton of misinformation out there and it can be hard to sort out what is right. The most accurate and up to date source for husbandry guidelines is https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/ Do make sure to fully explore all the sight offers, including the podcasts. There is also https://caskabove.com/ and Neptune the chameleon on YouTube. Learning why things are done the way they are is just as important as learning how.

Hi and welcome! I love that you’re wanting to learn before getting your chameleon! 🥰 Reading all of the posts here at the forum and asking questions is very helpful to learning. There is a wealth of info in the archives that can be searched for. There is a ton of misinformation out there and it can be hard to sort out what is right. The most accurate and up to date source for husbandry guidelines is https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/ Do make sure to fully explore all the sight offers, including the podcasts. There is also https://caskabove.com/ and Neptune the chameleon on YouTube. Learning why things are done the way they are is just as important as learning how.
Thanks!
I've already been watching Neptune the Chameleon and multiple other YouTubers. I've abused the power of chameleon academy already, XD.

Hi, I am new to this website.
Welcome. We've all been there.

I do not have a chameleon yet but, I desperately want one. I am starting my research early (a few years early). So, I can have a great deal amount of knowledge before I get one.
Good plan. (y) ;) That's exactly what I did, except I probably overdid a few things. I wanted a chameleon since kindergarten, and didn't get one until after I retired. (Life kinda intervened. 🤷‍♂️)
I even went to the extent of getting a bearded dragon first (a year before getting the chameleon), to help build my confidence & knowledge base. Arguably not necessary, but no regrets—Ol' Stinkeye (the beardie) is quite a character, and fits the niche of a reptile who'll happily chill with us. 😁

I really want a veiled chameleon, because they amaze me. Though right now I have a fish tank set up that has been running for 2 almost 3 years! I know very little about chameleons and want to know as much as physically possible.
They all amaze me—even the green anoles I kept as a kid—and again in my tweens.
Then I take it you've seen...

Because they all amaze me, I think they all have their charms (pluses) and exasperations (minuses).

"... as much as physically possible" 🤪
OK! 🤷‍♂️ I guess that would include things like getting bitten! :oops: 😂
A lot of us have BT—DT too. ✋
It's not a big deal. 🤓

1646501453331.png

Welcome. We've all been there.

Good plan. (y) ;) That's exactly what I did, except I probably overdid a few things. I wanted a chameleon since kindergarten, and didn't get one until after I retired. (Life kinda intervened. 🤷‍♂️)
I even went to the extent of getting a bearded dragon first (a year before getting the chameleon), to help build my confidence & knowledge base. Arguably not necessary, but no regrets—Ol' Stinkeye (the beardie) is quite a character, and fits the niche of a reptile who'll happily chill with us. 😁

They all amaze me—even the green anoles I kept as a kid—and again in my tweens.
Then I take it you've seen...

Because they all amaze me, I think they all have their charms (pluses) and exasperations (minuses).

"... as much as physically possible" 🤪
OK! 🤷‍♂️ I guess that would include things like getting bitten! :oops: 😂
A lot of us have BT—DT too. ✋
It's not a big deal. 🤓

View attachment 320881

Thank you! I have not actually seen that video I should check it out!
And yes "physically possible" I want be super prepared!

Hi and welcome! Like everyone else said, great job for coming here and learning first so you can be an awesome Cham owner when the time comes!!

Back
Top Bottom