Introducing Tate

What a handsome little guy!!! He will fit right in with your other beautiful chameleons :) All of your chams are such perfect examples of their species / locale. If you weren't such an obviously great person I would be jealous :D

lol tought it was at parson by the first pic

He reminds me of my parsons. He's very slow and so laid back.

Hes very subtly beautiful Jann:)

Thank you Paul for the nice compliment.

He is a beaut! Such a healthy looking guy :p

Thank you for your kind words about Tate.

What a handsome little guy!!! He will fit right in with your other beautiful chameleons :) All of your chams are such perfect examples of their species / locale. If you weren't such an obviously great person I would be jealous :D

Thank you Eric. He does seem like a good fit here. When I finished misting him he was standing on him back legs reaching and grabbing for me so I held him for a bit. Both yesterday and today he had a drink from the dropper for me. :)

He's beautiful. :)

Thank you Melissa.

Beautiful Jann! I actually love gracilis. The person who got me into chameleons had one when I was a kid. She was a WC that lived with her for about 3 years. She was kept unconventionally...fish tank in winter and bird cage outside in summer, but flourished.

I'm jealous, and would love to get one or two or 5 if I had room.

Kevin

Thank you Kevin. I was wondering about their life span???? The breeder said up to 5 years but another keeper here on the forums said they have a short life span. I hope not. :eek:

Another one! WOOHOO!
More chameleons means more photos.
He's adorable Jann!

Thank you. I appreciate all of you guys putting up with all my pictures.

Awe, so completely super cute! I'm jealous! I saw that thread and wanted one but we have a strict "one chameleon" rule right now. :(

I'll have to live vicariously through you!

Thank you! Adding a new pet is a big responsibility.

Nice jann!

Is he fring in the same room as your other boys?

Thank you! For now I have him a free range tree in Sadie's room. It had been empty since Sadie passed away. After he settles in I'll have to see his reaction to the boys. I know he saw Sage for a minute today and neither had a reaction to each other.

Jann, what an adorable little guy! His expressions look like he is either going to give Sage a run for his money or they'll be best friends. Whatever the case, he is a great addition to your family! Congratulations to both of you!

Deb

About the lifespan, they are very closely related to veileds my assumption is a similar lifespan. I have read the lifespan is shorter but these are generally wild caught, and or kept by inexperienced new keepers and are attractive to people who want an inexpensive chameleon. So I'm suspicious about that claim.

It seems to me a healthy, well cared for captive bred would do as well as a veiled if not better because of the limited likelihood of any inbreeding.

This is my semi educated guess, no actual experience.

I can personally attest that Tate is adorable in real life. Of course so was all of the other chams and critters at Jann's house, but I don't want to make anyone jealous of my road trip today :D

Jann, what an adorable little guy! His expressions look like he is either going to give Sage a run for his money or they'll be best friends. Whatever the case, he is a great addition to your family! Congratulations to both of you!

Deb

Thank you Deb! He is a little cutie for sure and has the most laid back personality.

About the lifespan, they are very closely related to veileds my assumption is a similar lifespan. I have read the lifespan is shorter but these are generally wild caught, and or kept by inexperienced new keepers and are attractive to people who want an inexpensive chameleon. So I'm suspicious about that claim.

It seems to me a healthy, well cared for captive bred would do as well as a veiled if not better because of the limited likelihood of any inbreeding.

This is my semi educated guess, no actual experience.

Thank you for your input Dan. I hope I'd do ok with this little one. I'm going to try my best.

How cute!!! And so exciting!

Thank you Jennifer!

I can personally attest that Tate is adorable in real life. Of course so was all of the other chams and critters at Jann's house, but I don't want to make anyone jealous of my road trip today :D

Thank you Michelle! It was a pleasure to meet you and to get to spend a bit of time together. Welcome back anytime.

You're getting up to your eyeballs in chameleons! He looks so sweet. Definitely a lucky critter right there

You're getting up to your eyeballs in chameleons! He looks so sweet. Definitely a lucky critter right there

Thank you for you comment about Tate. He is just so sweet. If you hold out your hand to him he will slowly crawl on.

I'm not sure why some think I'm getting allot of chameleons. After Sadie passed away in July I had the smallest number since my daughter left her 7 panthers with me in Nov. 2010 and I had my four. :eek: Now having 11 was a bit too much for me but some how I managed.

I guess it just seems like a lot because you got Cooper, Sage and now this guy all within the last six months or so. Eleven sounds like a full time job. How many do you have now?

I guess it just seems like a lot because you got Cooper, Sage and now this guy all within the last six months or so. Eleven sounds like a full time job. How many do you have now?

I currently have 6 chams.

My two senior citizen panthers, Jr and Hendershot
My two Parsonii, Hera and Cooper
My veiled Sage and now my Graceful Tate.

Safe Journey

Jann,

He looks great! I am glad he made the trip in such good condition. It is cool that he slept the whole way. He is going to love his new home.

Terry

Back
Top Bottom