Introducing new feeders

ColeCham333

Hey guys this is going to be a short post, but my 6 month old panther has fed on nothing but crickets since I got him about 2 months ago. He eats crickets hand fed no problem, but when I offer him hornworms, wax worms, or superworms, he just stares. And if I leave them near him too long, he'll puff up and I have to take them away. Everyone says that chameleons love treats like hornworms, and I'd like to give him them. How can I introduce these feeders to him so he'll eat and enjoy a variety in his diet

Honestly mine wouldnt eat anything but crickets till it was an adult. By 2.5 years old it would no longer eat crickets and only wanted big feeders.

Your best bet is some type of cup or cut away bottle feeder with just a "mixed nuts" supply of crickets, worms, etc.

Hey guys this is going to be a short post, but my 6 month old panther has fed on nothing but crickets since I got him about 2 months ago. He eats crickets hand fed no problem, but when I offer him hornworms, wax worms, or superworms, he just stares. And if I leave them near him too long, he'll puff up and I have to take them away. Everyone says that chameleons love treats like hornworms, and I'd like to give him them. How can I introduce these feeders to him so he'll eat and enjoy a variety in his diet

How often are you feeding your chameleon? Have you tried to let it go without food for a couple days to make it more hungry, thus, more willing to strike at insects?

Back
Top Bottom