Introducing.......Mya (Royal Python) PICS!

KatCham

Established Member
Here she is everyone :)

She was no bother at all. So docile :)

She was hatched July 2013. She's a lovely size and feeding great :) Will measure and weigh her when I bring her home.

Can't wait for that day!!! :)

Very pretty! I'm confused, is royal a morph of ball python or a different species because they seem similar.

She's lovely. :) I've had a ball python for about 12 years. He was the size of a large nightcrawler when we got him.

As above.

Their latin name "python regius" means royal python, but they tend to be given the name ball python because of their tendency to curl up in a ball when they feel threatened.

They are one and the same tho :)

Thanks for the comments :)

Oh have you Melissa? What morph do you have?? Do you have pics? What's his name?

Alright, like veiled and Yemen. What morph is that? My friend has a pastel and it's pretty, just not when he lunges and tries slithering up the side of my shorts:p

Mya's morph is 100% het Albino (Meaning she carries the recessive albino gene and so if bred with the right male could produce albino offspring :) )

Thanks for the comments :)

Oh have you Melissa? What morph do you have?? Do you have pics? What's his name?

No idea, I bought him at a big box pet store, and he was only identified as a ball python. :) His name is Mr. Slithers, kids named him. Honestly, I don't even know what sex he/she is. We've just always called him a "he." I'll take a few pictures later, I love just watching him move around in his enclosure. BPs are beautiful animals.

This is most definitely one of the most beautiful snakes i have ever seen. OMG GREAT IDEA ALERT what if there were snakes that could change colors like chameleons?!?!?!?!

That is a pretty addition you have. It looks so small. I guess I expected it to be lots bigger. How big will Mia get? Congrats and give her all the love Simba had, and that will be one lucky snake.

That is a pretty addition you have. It looks so small. I guess I expected it to be lots bigger. How big will Mia get? Congrats and give her all the love Simba had, and that will be one lucky snake.

Awww that's a lovely thing to say, thanks Laurie!!! :)

Royals grow to between 3and 5feet long. Some wild ones make 6ft.

She'll last a lot longer than Simba! Expected lifespan is 20-30 years :)

The longest lived recorded royal was 47!!!

I'll be a granny n still have her!!! That feels strange!!! LOL

Would love to breed from her but wouldn't be for about another 2.5 years as would only breed from her when shes mature enough and only if she's in perfect health!!! The morphs of these snakes are just stunning!! Love albinos and she has the gene to produce albino babies if bred with the right male.

My dream morph is actually a pied but that is a loooong way off!!!
They are the most beautiful snake I've ever seen!!! (With the exception of my girl of course! LOL)

Pied

Albino pied

Like I say though breeding is a while off so for now I can just enjoy my girl!!

I'm so excited I want her home!!!!

I'm so jealous!!!! She is beautiful!!!

Yes, beauty along with a gentle nature (not all bps are gentle but most are very docile). I've had a rescue bp for years and years. Bps are great ambassador snakes to the uninitiated. They have that "big snake" look without being threatening, they are gorgeous, graceful, gently powerful, and just fascinating. I've brought quite a few squeamish neighbors, parents, kids, teachers and classrooms around while meeting mine.

Back
Top Bottom